Agency Communication Coordinator
You Have the Power
Do you like to take ideas and make them shine with graphics, words, and photos? Do you like telling the stories of survivors and delivering information that makes our community stronger? Then you would be a good candidate for You Have the Power. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and a desire to work for the empowerment of victims of crime.
The ideal candidate facilitates communications among staff, partner agencies, donors, and the public and possesses strong verbal and written communication skills for press releases, newsletters, social media postings, website copy, presentation materials, meetings, and ongoing projects.
The Agency coordinator implements the organization’s internal and external information to fulfill its initiatives.
The CC tracks action items and deadlines internally and supports relationships with agency partners, stakeholders, and constituents. The CC represents the CEO or the agency at meetings when requested follows up on encounters and relationships by maintaining files, minutes, and follow-up via phone and email.
- Assist in preparation for meetings and presentations, including providing and organizing background notes, agendas, and other materials.
- Management of contact lists and calendars for multiple ongoing projects.
- Develop coordination of strategic planning efforts and special projects with YHTP staff.
- Research organizations, speaking engagements, and policies related to YHTP efforts and mission.
- Develop and implement social media plans with content related to agency events and priorities.
- Development of media plans for targeted audiences. Position includes writing copy for presentations, solicitations, speeches, newsletters, resource guides, press releases, websites, social media posts, and some graphic design for flyers and other promotional material.
- Keeping the agency’s website updated
- Curate the agency’s resource guides, including
- editing/updating guides to reflect changes in contact information, statistics, and emerging trends.
- collaboration with other staff on necessary revisions,
- preparing guides for mailing/delivery to people/agencies requesting hard copies
- tracking hard copies in stock and print orders.
- Represent YHTP at select external committee meetings and promptly report back information to staff members.
- Tracking the completion of grant requirements given specific grants’ timelines and parameters, precisely the number of presentations necessary to fulfill grant requirements.
- Interact with victims/survivors, partners, and potential partners via office phone, email, online chat, in person, social media and provide referrals to victims/survivors
- Additional duties as delegated by the CEO.
- Strong technical skills, including fluency in select Microsoft Office platforms (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher), WordPress, Adobe (InDesign specifically), Google Suite, Asana, Venngage, and Filmora Wondershare.
- Fluency in social media platforms and analytics, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Google My Business, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Experience developing graphics, infographics, and newsletters
- Highly organized.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
- When identifying issues, evaluate and relay communication of what people are saying/not saying.
- Understand the value of all feedback.
- Keep communication open on all levels.
- Work as part of a team.
- Respond calmly and supportively to accounts by victims of violent crime.
- Tolerate and embrace different cultural values.
- Completes assignments and projects on time.
- Can work on several projects simultaneously.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- College, certification, or experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commiserate with experience. Benefits include ten paid holidays, generous vacation days, and a self-directed benefit stipend. Job is 9-5, M-F. Occasional evenings and weekends
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining your strengths, experience, and salary requirements, resume, and references with contact information to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
YHTP follows CDC protocol. Covid vaccine required. YHTP is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: March 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 33-37500
- Working Hours: m-f 9-5