Read To Succeed, Inc.
Adult Literacy Coordinator
Read To Succeed, Inc.
Read To Succeed is looking for an experienced Part-time Adult Literacy Coordinator to work in our office in Murfreesboro, TN. As the Adult Literacy Coordinator, you will work closely with the Adult Literacy Program Assistant to coordinate all aspects of the Adult Basic English one-on-one tutoring and the English as Second Language classes. Maintain the online Google Classroom shells and the virtual tutor training platform. Keeping track of learner data for funding requirements, and assist/apply for grants to help maintain funding.
Read To Succeed improves lives in Rutherford County by offering free literacy programs and events for adults and children. Read To Succeed supports this mission by fostering literacy partnerships between providers, educators, community helpers, and business owners, creating events and programming to promote literacy, and providing resources such as the Literacy Center and our website.
Adult Basic English (ABE):
- Organize and manage the one-on-one students, teachers, curriculum, supplies, etc.
- Manage attendance sheets, contact teachers to track goals, support teachers, etc.
English Language Learner (ELL):
- Organize and manage the ELL program by establishing sites, students, teachers, virtual and in-person intakes, curriculum – creating digital assignments, supplies, substitute packet, and substitute list.
- Manage attendance sheets, contact teachers and regularly visit sites to track goals, support teachers, etc.
- Organize and run virtual training for ELL teachers and assistants.
- Maintain accurate records of learner attendance and progress in the program for grant management and reporting purposes through the database
- Assist in locating and securing funding sources to support the program (i.e. grants), as well as assisting in funding presentations.
- Work collaboratively with the RTS team (Executive Director, Volunteer Coordinator, Office Manager, Adult Literacy Assistant).
- Professionally represent Read To Succeed to the community.
- Attend RTS council meetings and board meetings as necessary to present reports and program updates.
- Keeping track of needed supplies
- Assist with Volunteer Luncheon and Celebrity Spelling Bee
- Assist with answering office phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain an open line of communication
- Develop substitute packet and help recruit volunteers
Passion for literacy and the community.
Able to work independently with flexible hours.
Provide own transportation and vehicle.
Have excellent computer skills – Word & Google Docs
Have excellent “people” skills and ability to interact with variety of individuals
Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education or related field or 2-years experience.
Part-time Position – N/A Vacation after one-year employment.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 28, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/09/2021
- Salary Range: $19,800-$20,800
- Working Hours: 25 set hours M-Th