Rebuilding Together Nashville
Administrative & Programs Assistant
Rebuilding Together Nashville
About Rebuilding Together Nashville
Rebuilding Together Nashville (RTN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities, and rebuilding lives. RTN staff members work collaboratively as a team to preserve affordable housing opportunities in our community by utilizing trades professionals and volunteers to address critical health and safety hazards present in the homes of low-income homeowners. RTN serves approximately 25-30 homeowners a year. The repairs we perform are done at no cost to the homeowner and are guided by evidence-based safety priorities.
RTN seeks a team member who thrives on creating and keeping order among RTN’s many moving parts, implementing and maintaining digital and physical systems of organization, and being innovative and confident in their ability to prioritize projects appropriately while seeking direction when needed.
The Administrative and Programs Assistant should be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is excited about taking ownership of this important role. Skills required include the ability to balance multiple priorities, work independently to complete tasks, strong attention to detail and comfort working with data and numbers.
The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys engaging with our homeowners and is excited to join a small team of six that is making a difference in the community in a thriving organization poised for continued growth. As with all jobs at RTN, the Administrative & Programs Assistant is expected to be an active and supportive team member who lives the values of RTN.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position between 20-25 hours per week that reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Director of Programs. This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
RTN Work Environment and Culture
RTN is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We desire a workplace where each member of our team can be themselves and bring their best selves to our work.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
General Administration & Office Management
- Provide strategic leadership regarding the implementation and/or reorganization of systems and processes to maximize efficiency and organization.
- Maintains office efficiencies by creating, implementing, and refining office systems, standards and procedures.
- Respond to and organize incoming general organizational calls, mail and email
- Manages all technology, printing, and office equipment needs and issues.
- Completes light errands including stocking of supplies, post office, etc. as needed
- Provides oversight and maintenance of the office’s cleanliness and security including coordination of vendors (i.e.landscaping, office cleaning), office security (keys, security system), and supplies.
- Completing data entry, managing vendor files, and providing Salesforce support
- Work with the Director of Programs to manage the program client intake process. This includes: printing, mailing, processing applications to neighborhood cohorts, following up directly with homeowners’ to answer questions, and assisting in gathering documents.
- Verifying all needed documentation for services is accurate and complete and then referring applicants to the Director of Programs to confirm program eligibility.
- Input all application information into the Service Application on Salesforce.
- Manage our Homeowner Support Line fielding informational emails, returning phone calls, and ensuring responses are provided in a timely manner, as well as, delegating tasks to other staff as needed
- Provides back up to the Program staff as available/needed, such as: being on site on volunteer days or acting as a materials runner, attending initial site visits with Project Coordinators when needed.
- Provide support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors by scheduling and coordinating meetings, assisting with meeting minutes, and assists with preparing meeting materials like monthly Board packets.
- Supports volunteer and fundraising functions by handling administrative functions (i.e. database entry) and occasional on-site assistance
- Provides logistical support for projects, programs, and special events
- Supports Executive Director and bookkeeper with expense reporting and record keeping.
- Works with Executive Director and bookkeeper on annual worker’s comp audit.
- Provides administrative support for accounting functions such as preparing invoices, receipts, donations, credit card reconciliations, etc.
- Experience with data entry and data management
- Experience in an administrative support role
- Experience handling confidential matters professionally and with discretion
- Adept at navigating technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office 365, Salesforce and general IT troubleshooting
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Cooperative and communicative work style
- Must have reliable transportation
Desired Skills and Physical Requirements
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail, record keeping, and time management skills
- Strong initiative for creating and improving office systems
- Cooperative work style, a positive attitude, and a commitment to equity Physical Environment & COVID precautions
The physical demands described are those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The person in this position must frequently be able to:
Use computer devices and telephone devices
Lift/ carry up to 25 pounds
Physical Environment & COVID precautions
This is a part-time, three days or 20-25 hour/week position. During normal business operations, this position is expected to work in the office and will be required to be in the office on days when staff meetings are held or when special events are happening. Occasional remote work may be supported. RTN is currently supporting a hybrid work environment while COVID cases are high in our communtiy. During this tine, we are putting COVID safety measures in place on our job sites, requiring masks while in the office, and asking that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 or make plans to be vaccinated by their first day of work.
Benefits: Eligible for mileage reimbursements (outside of regular commute); flexible schedule; paid holidays and PTO in accordance with RTN’s time off policies
Paid Leave policy
- Minimum 5 days paid leave for new part-time employees, with benefits increasing after year three
- Holiday schedule: Part-time employees receive paid time off if they are regularly scheduled to work on a day that the following holidays fall on– New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, and the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: September 13, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: $15-$20/hour
- Working Hours: 20-25 hrs/wk