Congregation Micah, a vibrant Reform synagogue serving all of Middle Tennessee, is currently looking for a full-time administrative coordinator to work in our thriving congregation. This individual will oversee and maintain all administrative tasks for Congregation Micah. In addition, this person will demonstrate an understanding of best practices for office management and will administratively support the senior staff. We are looking for an intuitive, detail-oriented person with excellent computer skills and a generous spirit.
- Answer phones/doors, reception of members and stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to the professional staff and lay leaders as needed to include correspondence, spreadsheets, calendaring, reports
- Write and distribute correspondence and letters (knowledge of Microsoft Suite, mail merge, spreadsheets, etc. required)
- File and organize records, invoices, and other important documentation
- Oversight and preparation of donations and processing of payments
- Help coordinate membership events (prepping and ordering materials, administration of calendar, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of lifecycle events (intake appointments with families, organization of event contracts, help coordinating details and logistics)
- Management of membership database (adding and editing membership information as needed)
- Management of congregational calendar to include holidays, lifecycle celebrations, meetings, etc.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and with a team
- Discretion and confidentiality in all matters related to synagogue members and synagogue business
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to supporting the mission and vision of Congregation Micah
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Suite and ability to learn new software
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, and complete projects on time
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, Jewish customs and rituals, and synagogue life is preferred but not required
At least two years work experience working in administration, event support, communications, or data management.
Full-time salaried position with health insurance, PTO – holidays, vacation, and sick days.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume by email. No phone calls.
Please note that any resume submitted with formatting mistakes, grammatical errors, or typos will not be considered due to the meticulous nature of this position.
- Date Posted: November 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: 36,000+ DOE
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30-5:30 (Wednesdays 9:00-6:00) Occasional night and weekend hours during peak times