United Way of Greater Nashville
Administrative Assistant – The Family Collective
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville by performing administrative support, project management assistance, and meeting planning tasks for The Family Collective (TFC). This position will ensure that, as a team, The Family Collective leads with transparency and proficiency. This position is keenly aware of operations and assists in ensuring day-to-day operations are running smoothly in order to allow department objectives to be met. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating resources necessary for successful internal and external meetings that initiate deeper partner and client relationships.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Ensures efficient inter and intra-departmental communication by distributing information allowing for team members to be aware of progress in programs, projects, and departmental procedures
- Submits TFC expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests
- Supports in the budgeting process for TFC partners including reviewing line-item transfers
- Purchases office supplies to ensure team members have the resources and tools necessary to perform their responsibilities
- Maintaining mattress order for partner agencies. This includes purchase approvals, coordination with mattress provider, and coordination with the agency receiving the mattresses.
- Assist, as needed, in preparing confidential contract agreements between UWGN’s The Family Collective and its funded agencies to ensure both parties are aware of the criteria within the partnership
- Keenly aware of departmental & TFC operations and assists in ensuring day-to-day functions are running smoothly in order to allow objectives to be met
- Can assist in data entry to various platforms depending on the need of The Family Collective.
- Will assist TFC staff in researching various topics depending on the need of the collective.
- Assists in creation and distribution of TFC monthly newsletter
- Assists in maintaining or updating platforms such as Thinkific, Basecamp, TFC Partner Portal, Asana, etc (EX: updated documents that agencies need, updated contact list for all TFC staff, TFC county wide calendars, etc).
- Responsible for tracking and distributing new staff shirts and supplies to the TFC network.
- Responsible for submitting training materials to the NASW for continuing education unit approvals. This will be done alongside the support and guidance of the Manager for Client Care.
- Prepares agendas and makes arrangements for available resources and materials needed in order to facilitate the accomplishment of the objectives of the meetings
- Assists in planning and coordinating TFC events such as monthly meetings, quarterly TFC All Staffs, and TFC yearly conference.
- Coordinates services for events such as accommodations, facilities, and catering in order to provide a hospitable environment. Evaluates and selects vendors to provide services according grant requirements in order to ensure meeting objects are met.
- Prepares all necessary materials to allow for communication before and during meetings
- Handles all meeting information requests and follows-up to ensure effective communication with all parties involved
- Welcomes guests and answers or directs inquiries to create a hospitable environment
- Records meeting minutes to create an accurate account of the meeting, to record decisions made, and assigned actions. Meeting notes will be taken digitally and maintained on digital platforms like Onenote, Miro board, etc.
- Presentation support for the TFC team. This includes PPT, Canva, Miro boards, and other digital presentation support.
- Associates Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
- Administrative office support: 2 years
- Executive Assistant: 1 years
- Meeting planning: 1 year
- Computing and data management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong digital literacy skills on multiple platforms
- Basic knowledge of Adobe
- Preferred skills include comfort and competency with Asana, Canva, Miro, etc.
- Written and verbal communication
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as encourage client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health programs. This is in order to create a community where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships with all TFC staff. external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, vendors, and organization stakeholders in efforts to grow and sustain funding; demonstrates credibility in all interactions and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it and to prevent extra work from being performed because of lack of departmental communication
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that fulfill The Family Collective administrative needs so that The Family Collective can focus on activities that lead to the acts of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health programs
- Brand Advocate: Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics, in order to protect the reputation and results of UWGN.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas; ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management and setting priorities
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking: Differentiates between when supervisory input is needed and when it is not; identifies opportunities and develops plans to execute; Identifies problems, gathers facts and appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goal; shows commitment to the teams’ purpose and goals by providing members critical information that helps drive success; works effectively with different personalities across a variety of social and professional situations
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/.
- Date Posted: September 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/24/2022
- Working Hours: M - F, ; 8:00-4:30