Administrative Assistant – Adult Discipleship
Brentwood United Methodist Church
Adult Discipleship Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Category: Regular, Part-time (30 hours)
Reports to: Director of Adult Discipleship
Provide event management, coordination, and administrative support for Adult Discipleship programs, events, trips and day-to-day operations assisting the Director and other Adult Discipleship staff as needed to fulfill the mission of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Adult Discipleship Department Responsibilities—
- Provide administrative support for all Adult Discipleship initiatives, events, and studies–
- Timely and accurate data entry, management, registration lists, and follow-up communication for assigned ministries areas
- Create and manage participant registration for events and classes assisting registrants as needed
- Run database reports, prepare presentations of data, and create email lists for target-marketing
- Day to day liaison to Communications department on print and online projects
- Produce needed handouts and other printed materials for classes and events
- Manage food orders, deliveries, setup and cleanup for classes and events as needed
- Create and administer surveys and newsletters
- Assist with all Evangelism & Hospitality initiatives and events
- Process new member folders and input new member information into database management system
- Work with Andrew Ministry, Greeter, and Valet volunteers providing scheduling and administrative support as needed
- Enter visitor information in database management system in a timely manner
- Ensure that weekly worship attendance is entered into database system (with volunteers) each Monday morning reporting data and running reports
- Process curriculum and other supply orders for the department
- Liaison to BUMC Library volunteers keeping books organized, maintained, and accounted for
- Provide administrative support to department team to include calendaring & meeting scheduling; return and/or initiate phone calls, emails, and other correspondence; and other general administrative services
- Use BUMC approved software to maintain database of participants and volunteers; send emails and other communications, reserve event/meeting space, update web content, create web-based registration forms, and other tasks as assigned
- Work with all BUMC departments (e.g., Finance, Facilities, Communications, etc.) as required to ensure proper processes, guidelines and procedures are being followed by you, laity, and partners to include, but not limited to, fundraising approvals, donation and registration fee collection, purchases, and statement reconciliation
- Oversee purchase order process and track revenue and expenses throughout event lifecycle
General Administrative Duties—
- Coordinate scheduling of rooms and other facility related needs in eSpace software following up with room setups prior to event or class
- Manage participant registration for department events in eSpace software
- Facilitate background checks and Safe Sanctuary training requirements for volunteers
- Provide morning and/or afternoon break for BUMC receptionist each day and be first backup to receptionist when they are absent scheduling additional help as required
- Participate in department and all staff meetings as requested
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of basic finance and budgeting processes
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office software and other web-based technology (e.g. Facebook and other social media webpages) with ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them proficiently (e.g. Arena church management system, event scheduling and registration software)
- Able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
- Ability to communicate with persons of all levels of maturity and status
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication that inspire others to participate in mission work
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment (as well as independently) exhibiting flexibility when needed
- Passionate about participating in God’s work in the world and able to articulate the connection between the Kingdom of God and the work of missions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience/certification required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related administrative experience preferred
- Experience recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers preferred
This position does not have employee supervisory responsibilities; however, it does supervise volunteers for assigned projects.
This job operations in a professional office environment with occasional requirement of being present on local mission jobsite or visit to mission/ministry partner agency. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is required to see, talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must lift or move office supplies or other donated items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are to be done Monday – Friday during normal business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work are required.
Occasional travel is required during business day to visit in-town mission partners.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Benefits: access to medical, dental, vision, Paid-time off, and 403b.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or visit our webpage at bumc.net/employment.
- Date Posted: July 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 08/30/2021
- Salary Range: 16-18/hr
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/wk M-Th