United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville by performing administrative support, project management assistance, and meeting planning tasks for The Family Collective (TFC). This position will ensure that, as a team, The Family Collective leads with transparency and proficiency. This position is keenly aware of operations and assists in ensuring day-to-day operations are running smoothly in order to allow department objectives to be met. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating resources necessary for successful internal and external meetings that initiate deeper partner and client relationships.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Ensures efficient inter-departmental communication by distributing information allowing for team members to be aware of progress in programs, projects, and departmental procedures
- Submits TFC expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests
- Purchases office supplies to ensure team members have the resources and tools necessary to perform their responsibilities
- Assist, as needed, in preparing confidential contract agreements between UWGN’s The Family Collective and its funded agencies to ensure both parties are aware of the criteria within the partnership
- Keenly aware of departmental & TFC operations and assists in ensuring day-to-day functions are running smoothly in order to allow objectives to be met
- Can assist in data entry to various platforms depending on the need of The Family Collective.
- Will assist TFC staff in researching various topics depending on the need of the collective.
- Assists in creation and distribution of TFC monthly newsletter
- Maintains identified platform for sharing information between all TFC partners (EX: updated documents that agencies need, updated contact list for all TFC staff, TFC county wide calendars, etc)
- Provides project management support for TFC including updating project tasks and providing direct assistance to ensure timely project execution
- Prepares agendas and makes arrangements for available resources and materials needed in order to facilitate the accomplishment of the objectives of the meetings
- Assists in planning and coordinating TFC events such as monthly meetings, quarterly TFC All Staffs, and TFC yearly conference.
- Coordinates services for events such as accommodations, facilities, and catering in order to provide a hospitable environment. Evaluates and selects vendors to provide services according to department, TFC, and grant requirements in order to ensure meeting objects are met.
- Prepares all necessary materials to allow for communication before and during meetings
- Handles all meeting information requests and follows-up to ensure effective communication with all parties involved
- Welcomes guests and answers or directs inquiries to create a hospitable environment
- Records meeting minutes to create an accurate account of the meeting, to record decisions made, and assigned actions
- Associates Degree in a business-related field
- Administrative office support: 3 years
- Executive Assistant: 2 years
- Meeting planning: 1 year
- Basic computing and data management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of Adobe
- Written and verbal communication
United Way of Greater Nashville offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please apply using the below link:
- Date Posted: September 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 8:00 am-4:30 pm