Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s mission is to change lives through education, training, and employment.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and technical support to the President & CEO and members of the Leadership Team.
- Maintain strict confidentiality , and discretion of sensitive information and documentation.
- Create and modify documents (reports, letters, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.) to help leadership understand the current state of the business and allow them to make decisions.
- Prepare visual and written materials for meetings, speeches, and presentations to help the leader tell a story and properly convey their message to the audience.
- Assist Human Resources, Accounting and Finance with various administrative tasks (i.e. ordering supplies, processing financial request, filing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Responsibilities to the Board of Directors:
- Interact with the organization’s Board of Directors as directed by the President & CEO, prepare agendas, meeting space and schedule Board and Committee meetings.
- Attend board meetings, committee meetings, or other meetings as requested in order to record minutes and then compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Update and maintain Board of Directors information.
Responsibilities to the Leadership Team:
- Manage and prepare communication (calls, emails, letters, etc.) for all members of the Leadership Team.
- Electronically maintain, and manage leadership team’s calendar, meeting notifications, agendas and other meeting materials.
- Coordinate communication with Senior Leadership and with the President & CEO.
- Prepare and submit check requests, prepare expense reports, mileage reimbursement, and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Associate’s Degree in business or equivalent required: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ current experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Must be skilled in the creation and editing of documents using Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of donor, client, staff and organization information.
- Ability to demonstrate behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s Core Values.
- Computer literacy and skill in internet-based research and resource identification, ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, scanners and copiers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong verbal, writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, thoroughly, independently, and timely.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
How to Apply
Please apply on our website:
- Date Posted: September 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Salary Range: $15-$17/hr
- Working Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm