Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee seeks an Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support to staff across the state in collaboration with two other Administrative Assistants throughout the state. This individual will work in the West Regional Office located in Memphis. Ideal candidates possess exceptional clerical skills, professionalism, experience working with disability populations and experience in grant funded non-profit settings.
NOTE: Vaccination for COVID-19 is required.
NOTE: Only resumes with a cover letter will be considered.
Who We Are
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) is the protection and advocacy system (P&A) in Tennessee. DRT is federally mandated to help ensure disability rights laws are followed and people with disabilities are protected. DRT helps with a wide range of issues which may include education, barriers to work, long term services and supports, community living, vocational rehabilitation, traumatic brain injury, abuse &neglect, residential services, and assistive technology. DRT is a nonprofit organization with the mission of protecting the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities. For over 43 years, our agency has served more than 55,000 Tennesseans. DRT has ten programs which provide services across the state. Services include
- Referral and Resource Connection,
- Investigation of Abuse & Neglect,
- Advocacy Services,
- Legal Representation,
- Education & Outreach, and
- Public Policy Advocacy.
What You’ll Do
The Administrative Assistant will perform activities to support several team members, with a heavy focus on Memphis office activities. Activities may include:
- Preparing and sending letters for team members
- Providing administrative support for various programs
- Handling client surveys and grievances
- Setting up case files and maintaining filing systems
- Processing mail and faxes
- Ensuring office equipment is operational
- Facilitating scheduling of conference rooms
- Handing office maintenance requests and vendors
- Ordering and managing office supplies
- Managing agency literature for outreach events
- Taking meeting minutes
- Answering phones and routing calls
Keys to Success: Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this job, you must possess these values, skills, and abilities:
- commitment to increasing knowledge of the disability community
- dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- proficiency with computers and word processing software
- working knowledge of office equipment
- strong organizational and time management skills
- attention to detail
- ability to seek clarification and complete task independently
- strong oral and written communication skills
- sound professional judgment
- ability to work well in teams
- professional personal presentation
- basic Knowledge and understanding of technology (Microsoft, basic computer problem solving skills)
Education requirements are flexible. College degree is preferred; however, experience will always be considered in lieu of a degree.
What Else You Should Know
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of DRT’s mission, values, and daily practice. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team, including but not limited to: candidates with disabilities, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, professionals from various generations, and veterans.
The position is full-time. In-office work will be required. Remote work will be allowed for portions of this position based on job requirements. The role may require occasional travel. The salary for this position ranges from $35,000 to $45,000. Exact salary depends on experience. We offer excellent benefits such as flexible schedule, remote work, maternity/paternity leave, paid federal and state holidays, paid annual and sick leave, matching 401K, and insurance options including medical, vision, dental, life and disability.
How to Apply
If this seems like you, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 35,000 to 45,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm