Christian Community Services Inc.
Christian Community Services Incorporated (CCSI) is a non-profit organization in Nashville, TN. CCSI has a mission to empower underserved families, through caring relationships to achieve a legacy of social, spiritual, and economic self-sufficiency (see website for details ). Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for general administration of office operations. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will display a professional and welcoming demeanor in person, online, and on the telephone. Must be highly skilled in technology (i.e. website management, social media, Microsoft office, spreadsheets, databases, etc.). The ability to take initiative, prioritize, and complete project assignments independently, in a timely manner will be necessary. Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously. The CCSI organizational environment requires teamwork as well as working well independently. We are seeking someone with excellent skills of organization, detail- orientation, and creative problem solving. While specific office hours will be determined, ability to work occasional Tuesday evenings and weekends will be necessary. Central to success is a respect for, and comfort working with socioeconomically low income, and culturally diverse populations who are on a change journey striving for empowerment and self-sufficiency.
- Reception: greet visitors and answer and direct phone calls
- General office management: schedule appointments, meetings, and maintain calendars
- Supervise administrative volunteers
- Co-coordinator of program volunteers and training
- Mail: sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Prepare and distribute online newsletter and other mailings as needed
- Assist with marketing and promotion online and in person
- Prepare communications: letters, memos, emails, invoices, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Write and edit documents such as reports, manuals, instructional materials
- Update flyers and other materials
- Copy materials and compile workshop notebooks
- Electronic and physical documents organization and management according to policies
- Bookkeeping: Manage financial accounts and files, assist with annual audit preparation
- Pay accounts receivable and maintain accurate financial records
- Process bank deposits, pay accounts receivable and maintain accurate financial records.
- Financial processing and tracking of deposits and expenditures
- Data entry, database management for all CCSI programs, and generation of statistical overviews and program reports (includes Salesforce donor and volunteer database)
- Maintain case management files on each program participant
- Ensure that all spreadsheets and statistics relative to partner families are maintained
- Manage webpage, social media, and other online presence/communication
- Provide administrative support for grant writing
- Fundraising: highly involved with event planning and other aspects of fundraisingAssist with Mentoring Towards Independence application process in accordance with grant requirements and CCSI policy
- Become familiar with MDHA, HUD, Section 8, and other relevant housing programs
- Promote CCSI to the community, solicit applicants and partnerships with other agencies
- Other duties as needed
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Associates degree or relevant field and/or appropriate work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse educational, racial, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience working with, and knowledge of non-profit and social service organizations preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of expertise and comfort with technology (i.e. social media, websites, databases, teleconferencing such as with Zoom, Skype, computer programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher)
- Ability to read, understand and create spreadsheets and maintain statistical databases. Experience with SalesForce is a plus
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise, guide, and work cooperatively in a team
- Ability to work with volunteers and staff members in a supportive manner
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 30 lbs. due to transportation of materials and workshop set up
Benefits include health insurance option, holiday, vacation, sick and bereavement leave.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to , or mail to Christian Community Services Inc., 601 Benton Ave., Suite B, Nashville, TN 37204
- Date Posted: February 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: $16/hour
- Working Hours: Average time for this position is 40 hours/week/ 12 months/year. Regular office hours required M-F, as well as occasional availability for evening meetings and weekend activities.