United Way of Greater Nashville
Accounts Payable Specialist
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Specialist contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by fostering positive vendor and agency relationships through invoice and designation payment management in efforts to maximize cash flow and allow for the greatest use of funds in the community. This position is responsible for showing UWGN as a good steward of funds and a reliable business partner through the timely payment of vendors and contractors. As a result of the work of the Accounts Payable Specialist, UWGN can ensure its accounts payable procedures and functions are fiscally sound and relationships with external partners are strong to allow UWGN to accomplish its mission: to create a community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Collects, reviews, codes, and enters all invoices ensuring the accuracy of charges and necessary authorization so that invoices are paid timely and in the proper pay cycle
- Issues community investments funding (CIF) grant funding monthly and designation payments quarterly to ensure funding is received by the appropriate place before the due date to avoid late charges
- Ensures the Director of Finance approves of all payment processing before payment in order to show UWGN to be shown as a good steward of funds
- Manage and verify all expense reports for processing
Analysis and Miscellaneous
- Manages cash flow with the CFO and Director of Finance to ensure adequate funds are available in accounts to cover checks written
- Analyzes and maintains outstanding check list; researches all discrepancies and reissues checks as needed in order to allow the accounts of UWGN to balance and debts to be paid
- Manages Petty Cash- ensures proper documentation for the use of all petty cash funds including receipts and authorization form to allow employees to make small business-related purchases
- Manages the vendor file allowing checks to be written with accuracy and create a historical account
- Assists with filing end of year tax reporting, sending 1099s to independent contractors to ensure compliance with IRS guidelines
- Assists with annual financial statement audit and audits from granting agencies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At a minimum, 1 year of entry level accounting or bookkeeping experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP highly preferred, not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Organization and time management
- Performs activities under minimal supervision
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteering, advocating, and giving.
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it.
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support for Finance, Health, and Education. Also, ensures financial accountability and internal controls of all accounting functions.
- Brand Advocate: Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics, in order to protect the reputation and results of UWGN.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas; ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully
- Customer Service: Anticipates, meets, and responds timely to the needs of internal and external customers; demonstrates commitment to ongoing service improvement; explores options when unable to deliver a requested service and pursues solutions until customer is satisfied; commits to exceeding customer expectations
- Integrity: Follows fiscal guidelines, regulations, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing transactions. Maintains a high level of discretion and confidentiality throughout all position processes.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/.
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Date Posted: September 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/31/2022
- Working Hours: M - F, ; 8:00-4:30