Monroe Harding Inc
Monroe Harding is committed to viewing and interacting with youth from a Trauma Informed perspective. Staff understand normal and trauma impacted brain development and interact with youth in ways that encourage and restore normal brain functioning. Staff are curious about “what happened to the youth to cause current behavior” and work with them uniquely based upon their developmental level. Focus is on providing a safe and stable environment that encourages learning from mistakes and celebrating small advances in behavior or thought process. Staff models healthy emotional regulation skills, flexibility in working with others, and effective restoration of relationships after issues arise.
The Accounting Specialist will perform necessary services to assist in the financial functions of the agency.
Along with other duties, the Accounting Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain vendor records, including obtaining EFT payment information, W-9s from new vendors, and Certificates of Insurance as needed.
- Maintain and audit electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient workflow, and ensure compliance to GAAP and external auditing partners’ expectations.
- Input all receipts into applicable data systems on a daily basis
- Ensure vendor payments are processed on a weekly basis
- Process accounts receivable invoices and fee for service billings on a monthly basis
- Assist VP of Finance & Administration with end of month allocations, report creation, reconciliations, and other closing processes
- Process Purchase Card transactions at end of month, ensuring proper approvals and coding are obtained. Audit and monitor spending to be within approved specifications and obtain required documentation for grant documentation and invoicing.
- Assist Finance, Operations, and Program leaders with Grant compliance, reporting, and invoicing.
- Assist VP of Finance & Administration in the budgeting process
- Assist with external audits, including responding to inquiries, monitoring files, and building schedules
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Process unclaimed funds on an annual basis
- Perform special projects, as needed
- Proficient using a computerized general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Proficient applying cost allocation rules to expenses.
- Proficient with intensive data entry of accounting records.
- Proficient in use of Excel
- Organized, accurate, and consistent.
Attention to Detail
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; or two years accounting experience. Applicants for this job must pass thorough background check. Must have valid TN driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Long Term Disability
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
Awesome, Supportive, Team-Oriented Workplace!
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at email@example.com. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
- Date Posted: September 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00-4:30 flexible