Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2022 AT 11:59PM
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Processes Accounts Payable transactions (vendor invoices/ maintenance), journal entries/vouchers, accounting reconciliations, Accounts Receivable (including Section 8 Tenant Accounts Receivable), and performs other accounting and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes assigned Accounts Payable transactions (invoices, vendor maintenance, and similar transactions) using designated accounting systems.
- Audits and processes inter-unit and similar journal vouchers.
- Reviews and verifies agency 1099 information.
- Prepares and enters various journal entries into accounting systems, based on adequate supporting documentation, as assigned.
- Performs various account reconciliations between accounting systems used by THDA and other source documents.
- Enters various Accounts Receivable transactions, and performs aging, dunning, and monitoring tasks, including tasks related to Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Tenants Accounts Receivables (TARS).
- Services as a backup to other Accounting and Finance division employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic accounting experience.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- A thorough knowledge of Edison, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and other THDA and/state administrative procedures, or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Strong basic accounting skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 5, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,365/month