Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, APRIL 15, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Processes Accounts Payable transactions (vendor invoices/ maintenance), journal entries/vouchers, accounting reconciliations, Accounts Receivable (including Section 8 Tenant Accounts Receivable), and performs other accounting and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes assigned Accounts Payable transactions (invoices, vendor maintenance, and similar transactions) using designated accounting systems.
- Audits and processes inter-unit and similar journal vouchers.
- Reviews and verifies agency 1099 information.
- Enters various journal entries into accounting systems, based on adequate supporting documentation, as assigned.
- Performs various account reconciliations between accounting systems used by THDA and other source documents.
- Enters various Accounts Receivable transactions, and performs aging, dunning, and monitoring tasks, including tasks related to Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Tenants Accounts Receivables (TARS).
- Services as a backup to other Accounting and Finance division employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic accounting experience.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- A thorough knowledge of Edison, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and other THDA and/state administrative procedures, or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Strong basic accounting skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: April 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,365