Accounting / HR Manager
The Accounting / Human Resources Manager’s position is responsible for maintaining and reporting current and accurate financial information in all areas of the ministry, in accordance to General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as performing a wide range of HR duties while also ensuring HR compliance and consistency.
• Receivables – Recording all receivables including checks, cash and deposits from our automated systems. Accurately capturing and recording donor names and addresses, donor restrictions and designations.
• Payables – Record and pay all vendor bills in a timely manner. Ensure all bills are accurate and valid. Prepare and distribute checks for neighbors in need, in collaboration with the Neighbor Services department. Maintain Accounts Payable files.
• Properly record all other ministry financial transactions including credit card charges, deposits from our thrift store sales, grant distributions, and monthly journal entries.
• Reconciliations: Reconcile all bank and credit card statements monthly.
• Tax Compliance: Prepare sales tax returns, and pay sales tax monthly. Provide year-end information to accountant for preparation of the annual 990. Prepare and distribute 1099s to contractors each January. File annual charitable solicitation registration with the State of Tennessee.
• Track inventory, assets and liabilities, and record any changes in these accounts.
• Track and record in-kind donations made to the ministry.
• Financials: Prepare monthly financial reports for the CEO and finance committee.
• Budgeting: Prepare annual budget alongside CEO and department directors.
• Audit Preparation: Prepare information required for annual audit, and serve as main point of contact for auditors during fieldwork, and related auditing tasks.
• Grant Assistance: Provide financial and payroll information to grant writers as requested.
• Insurance: Maintain ministry insurance policies, and review policies regularly. Process workers comp claims.
• Filing – Maintain current files for grants, contracts, insurance policies and other vital ministry information.
• Innovate: Look for ways to streamline areas in the ministry that relate to accounting, and implement new processes and procedures accordingly.
• Weekly attendance and participation in leadership team meetings.
• Attendance and participation at events as requested.
• Onboard new employees to GraceWorks, distributing company information, and ensuring all forms are filled out properly and thoroughly. Administer drug and background checks for all potential hires.
• Serve as main point of contact between GraceWorks and LBMC for payroll, HR and benefits administration.
• Maintain employee files and ensure compliance with current HR Laws.
• Prepare and administrate biweekly payroll.
• Assess health insurance options each year, compare to budget, and recommend plans to the CEO and board.
• Administer open enrollment for health plans, AFLAC, Simple IRA enrollment and other employee benefit programs as needed.
• Serve as main point of contact for any third parties requiring personnel information, such as the State of Tennessee.
• Able to react to change productively, and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent; minimum three years professional experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting and HR for a business or organization.
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals; motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills; good judgment; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; highly comfortable with the computer; high fluency in Quickbooks, Excel and Word required. Knowledge of Shopify and Salesforce helpful. Highly developed organizational, planning and oral and written communication skills; excellent time and self-management skills; strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects; ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Strong desire for ministry service.
Health insurance, vision, dental
How to Apply
See our website for more information and how to apply at https://www.graceworksministries.net/job-openings/
- Date Posted: October 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 11/01/2020
- Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 8:30 to 5, M-F