GraceWorks Ministries, Inc.
Accounting Assistant-Part Time
GraceWorks Ministries, Inc.
The Accounting Assistant supports the GraceWorks Ministries’ goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability. In addition, as a member of the GraceWorks Ministries’ team, the performance includes demonstrating the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork, job knowledge, and leadership.
The part-time Accounting Assistant position assists the Accounting/HR Manager with processing donations, issuing checks, Quickbooks, Salesforce, Shopify, and other duties as assigned. This 20-hour post works flexible hours between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process transactions in QuickBooks Online.
- Payables – Prepare bills to be paid using Bill.com for final approval by Accounting Manager.
- Process donation deposits in QuickBooks using SalesForce.
- Other accounting duties, as directed by the Accounting Manager
- Serve as a backup for other tasks when the Accounting Manager is out of the office.
- Innovate: Look for ways to streamline areas in the ministry that relate to accounting.
- Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma; Accounting and QuickBooks experience desirable.
Detailed oriented and with strong attention to accuracy; good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals; motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills; good judgment; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; highly comfortable with the computer and Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Quickbooks helpful. Excellent time and self-management skills; strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects; ability to work independently.
The position is in a shared office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts that require standard safety precautions.
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 23, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 07/01/2021
- Salary Range: $13 - $15 an hour
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm