The Accounting Assistant is responsible for a variety of general accounting and administrative support activities, including posting accounts payable and receivable transactions, maintaining proper documentation and records, and preparing bank deposits. This position will support the Accounting Specialist in collecting and processing accounting transactions, establishing and maintaining policies and procedures for fiscal activities, and providing overall administrative support to the Finance Department.
- Accounts Payable
- Gathers all documentation for accounts payable transactions, including check requests, credit card charges, and credit account charges
- Enters and prepares for posting of payable transactions in financial software
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation for all transactions; follows up with staff members as necessary
- Contacts vendors when required to address issues related to accounts payable
- Maintains filing of all vendor transactions, makes copies as required, mails checks when necessary
- Provides support to Accounting Specialist as needed throughout the payables cycle
- Accounts Receivable
- Receives checks for deposit, prepares proper documentation and processes remote deposit of funds
- Receives notice of insurance claims payments, processes and posts payments in member health record software
- Administrative Support
- Provides front desk coverage for up to 4 hours per day; greets guests, members, other visitors; answers and directs phone calls
- Receives and processes mail
- Assists with tracking daily member attendance
- Special Projects Values Cultural Competency
- Assists with preparing documents for all agency audits
- Completes special projects and research requested in a timely manner
- Values Cultural Competency
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Other duties
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Demonstrate the flexibility required to work with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of circumstances and with a variety of data.
- Problem solving skills are required to identify issues and create action plans
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines, including a computer terminal, printer and postage machine and maintain ongoing knowledge of appropriate computerized systems.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional and ethical manner.
- Sedentary work involves sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast paced position with many deadlines and competing demands.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Visual ability to detect errors.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of college level courses preferred.
- 2 or more years of related experience in a business finance office setting
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Keen eye for detail and commitment to accuracy of work
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal communications. Able to use correct English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary
- Must be well organized and a self- starter. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
Park Center offers benefits to all full-time staff.
From day one: can begin contributing to Retirement 403b plan, accrue PTO
1st of the month after 60 days: eligible for medical, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits
How to Apply
1. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please complete application at www.parkcenternashville.org Career’s page.
- Date Posted: June 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/12/2021
- Salary Range: $16-18.46/hour
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 8a - 4p