Mending Hearts, a 501(c)(3) based in Nashville, TN provides shelter, hope, and healing to women who may be homeless due to addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. We are a licensed residential treatment facility providing the full continuum of care from 3-day medical detox to independent living for up to 2 years for women in addiction. Mending Hearts has never turned a woman away for her inability to pay. Since opening our doors in 2004, Mending Hearts has helped over 5,000 women reclaim their lives from addiction.
We are seeking a full-time accountant. CPA is beneficial, but not required. The candidate will report to the CEO but will work closely with the Director of Operations on the financial record keeping and reporting systems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Produce monthly financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, Actual profit/loss vs Budget and accumulative general ledger using Quickbooks.
- Payroll, billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, asset inventories and general ledger functions.
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables.
- Prepare reports as needed for Executive management and Board of Directors.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis and follow up on any unusual items.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Compliance and security of financial records
- This position is responsible for ensuring that financial transactions are recorded timely, accurately, and in accordance with US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices).
- Oversee cash flow management.
- Prepare tax forms including W-2’s and 1099s.
- Administer Simple IRA deductions, remittances, and changes in enrollment.
- Oversee, in conjunction with the independent auditor, the preparation of the annual audit.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Prepare financial information for Grant and contract reporting.
- Track financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), analyze ROIs on current and future programs, and analyze trends in financial operations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit finance preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, and Word
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organization and multitasking ability, attention to detail, and self-motivation.
- Salary: Mending Hearts offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills.
- Benefits: Include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, Simple IRA with employer match, vacation, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: January 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Full-time 40 hours; M-F 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM