Academic and Administrative Assistant
The Self-Contained Classroom Teacher/Administrative assistant provides classroom support for multiple grade levels of adolescents, ages 13-18 years, in a non-traditional classroom setting. This position is responsible for managing student records, communicating with school systems, and ensuring that individual learning plans and curriculums are followed as established by the licensed teacher. This position aids and supports the licensed teacher that educational services provided follow Tennessee Department of Education Rules and Regulations governing residential (transient) school services. This position reports directly to the Licensed Teacher and/or Executive Director under ARCH Academy, which is an accredited Category I non-public high school. This position will also support other administrative needs of ARCH Academy as instructed by the Executive Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides year-round, multi-grade level support to residents participating in residential rehabilitation at an alcohol and drug addiction treatment center.
- Communicates and consults with referring family members and/or guardians, zoned school systems, teachers and other referral sources concerned with student achievement, behavior and development while in treatment setting.
- Works closely with teacher of ARCH Academy in planning, record keeping, and delivery of curriculum provided by individual schools to students.
- Gathers information from a variety of sources (i.e., home school, administrators, teachers and/or parents) for assessment of referred residents.
- Assist with running of the classroom in the absence of teacher, assuring all residents stay on top of their assignments.
- Accommodates the varied learning styles and developmental levels within the self-contained classroom setting.
- Arranges and adjusts assistive technology and equipment utilized by the students in the classroom to assist in meeting individual needs
- Manages behavior in ways that motivate the learning process and the development of self-esteem in conjunction with ARCH Academy philosophy, treating residents with respect and understanding their clinical diagnosis and presentation.
- Reports student progress, maintains up-to-date records of student progress, and coordinates instruction according to appropriate grade level placement and IEP expectations, such as connecting with our Special Education teacher.
- Supports licensed teacher in maintaining up-to-date lesson plans and program planning for students with special needs.
- Assists in integrating residents back into their regular school setting upon completion of residential treatment program.
- Aid in oversight of Title One budget and record keeping in coordination with licensed teacher and Executive Director.
- Participates in training, feedback, and daily supervision residents.
- Participates in training as described by the Tennessee Department of Education School Approval Process as it pertains to educational requirements.
- Documents pertinent clinical information into the electronic patient record.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe, and healing environment is maintained for each resident and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Oversee administrative tasks and projects assigned by the Executive Director for ARCH Academy.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Ensures proper handling and distribution of company funds.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred, High school diploma or GED; a minimum of two (2) years secretarial experience; experience in a healthcare environment or academic setting is preferred; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
Competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401-K, PTO
How to Apply
Apply on our website
- Date Posted: August 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth