Facilitator: Noah Spiegel
“The success of an organization is driven by the quality of its board.”
- Pat Shea, CEO, YMCA (retired)
Anyone who has ever worked with a nonprofit board knows that developing and maintaining a top-tier board is one of the biggest challenges for board members and executive leaders alike. In this workshop participants will learn how to build a governance team to be proud of, one deeply connected to your mission and purpose in the Nashville community. Drawing on best practices from Standards for Excellence Institute and BoardSource, we will demystify the nonprofit sector, roles and responsibilities of high-performing boards, strategic talent acquisition, onboarding, and succession planning.
Selected Learning Objectives:
- Learn what a board’s role is collectively, individually, and as a part of the community
- Identify ways to help your board think strategically, in ways that are connected to your mission and purpose
- Identify ways to be strategic in building the right board for the right stage in your organization’s life cycle
- Feel confident in building trusting relationships with board members that result in advancing your mission and serving the community
(*CNM reserves the right to move in-person workshops to Zoom or an alternate location if public health conditions or other logistical considerations warrant.)
Note: This workshop can be used as an elective for all CNM Certificate programs requiring additional electives for completion.
*Workshop times are Central Standard Time.
Nashville, TN 37209
|Member $60 / Nonmember $80 (2.5 hour)||$80.00|
Event Topics & Instructor