YMCA of Middle Tennessee
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the VP of HRIS, the Payroll Specialist’s responsibilities include payroll processes and procedures as part of the People Services team’s effort to provide exceptional, responsive service in all interactions with employees, volunteers, members and participants of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Model and put in practice behavior that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ensure outstanding customer service and provide support regarding payroll questions.
- Assist with payroll processing on a biweekly basis.
- Audit payroll transactions and reports for Paycom Time Management and Scheduler.
- Serve as key contact for prepaid card program and The Work Number employee verification program.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the department, including accurate and timely data entry.
- Train all new supervisors and Human Resource Coordinators on scheduling and timekeeping software.
- Communicate regularly with the VP of HRIS about personnel matters or issues; make recommendations for improvement of processes, procedures, practices and personnel matters.
- Coordinate quarterly tax files, accurately completes year-end tax reconciliations as well as preparation of W-2s, including review of W-2 audit and W-2cs as necessary.
- Responsible for Government and YUSA reporting, including, but not limited to, EE0-1 annual reporting and State of TN Multiple Worksite quarterly reporting.
- Back up to Payroll Coordinator (assist with overflow of new hires and PAFs).
- Create reports as requested.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community and to serve employees with a smile and a sense of humor!
- Ability to work as a member of a fast-paced team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Proficiency in HRIS/Payroll systems, word processing and spreadsheet software – particularly Excel – and related programs; ability to learn new software programs is essential.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and resolving complex issues; ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
- Desire to drive innovation and change within the People Services department to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Minimum 18 years of age; High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years working experience with HRIS, data entry, office software and systems, preferably in an HR department.
- Multilingual a plus.
Benefits package including generous paid time off
Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
Discounts on youth programs, summer camps and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply today! Application Deadline June 25, 2023
- Date Posted: June 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $47,384 - $59,230 depending on experience
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri 8AM-5PM