Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for qualifying major donors and cultivating existing major donor relationships for Cumberland Heights. This position will report to and work closely with Cumberland Heights’ Chief Development & Marketing Officer and Director of Philanthropy to further build and carryout a comprehensive major gift strategy. The officer will work to identify and develop new and existing donor relationships for their donor portfolio that will support the overall development plan. The Major Gift Officer will be expected to cultivate and secure philanthropic support to further the mission of Cumberland Heights and fulfill the interests and passions of our donors.
Responsibilities will also include
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to travel to various meetings and events with flexible hours at those times
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Confidently represent the vision and impact of Cumberland Heights’ mission and work to our donors; exhibiting passion and genuine interest in making treatment available for those in need and helping donors accomplish their philanthropic goals.
- Work with the Chief Development & Marketing Officer and Director of Philanthropy to effectively analyze Cumberland Heights’ donor database to identify, cultivate, and solicit major donor prospects and establish an appropriate individual donor portfolio.
- Responsibly manage the cultivation, asks, and stewardship of up to 150 major donor relationships in a major donor portfolio and develop individual goals for donors within each portfolio, based on individual giving history and known potential (capacity).
- Produce a moves management plan for each donor within their portfolio to solicit, steward, and cultivate greater gifts on a timely basis.
- Engage with people across our organization to build relationships with clinicians and other stakeholders to better understand the mission and effectively serve as a connection point to the mission for our donors.
- Work with development, marketing, and program staff to obtain project and budget information to create meaningful and appropriate offers, proposals, and asks to secure gifts and report giving impact back to individual donors.
- Write effective solicitations and donor communications that demonstrate donor impact and generate higher levels of giving.
- Create and send appropriate updates, reports, and correspondence to illustrate the impact and importance of donor giving in a meaningful and timely manner, coordinating with Grants Manager as needed for donors that give through foundations requiring a standardized application and reporting process.
- Familiarity with the Raisers Edge NXT database or similar system to effectively plan and track all moves management progress and donor communications.
- Create and generate timely analytical giving reports to show increase/decrease in donor participation, increase/decrease in giving, and donor retention,
- Ongoing support and involvement in Cumberland Heights events and appreciation receptions to engage with major donors and further enhance donor relationships.
- Participation in weekly development team meetings and interdepartmental communication to ensure all possible prospects and donors are communicated with appropriately and fed into the appropriate pipelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum 3- 5 years of successful major gift fundraising or volunteer major gift fundraising experience in non-profit setting required
Ability to speak, hear, see and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively and professionally present Cumberland Heights to current and potential donors; excellent administrative, organizational and project planning and management skills; attention to details and sound judgment; strong problem solving and decision-making skills; strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to succeed in fast-paced, high volume work environment; ability to meet stringent and multiple deadlines; broad knowledge of the principals of fundraising; expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel, including mail merges required; experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database management preferred; prior work with volunteers and on special events preferred. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with five years preferred; active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step Program preferred.
Benefits include insurance, PTO, 401-K, plus
How to Apply
Apply on our website job board.
- Date Posted: December 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)