Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Work for one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and customer service-oriented Membership Manager. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Membership Manager plays a key role in record keeping as well as the retention and growth of Cheekwood’s membership base.
- Assist in the creation and execution of campaigns to retain existing members and grow the overall number of members households, including on-site, mail, email, and digital campaigns. Serve as primary liaison to the Marketing department.
- Oversee membership financial transactions, including regular reporting to the Director of Data Analysis and Advancement team. Update and share the Membership Dashboard monthly.
- Record data related to member records and membership transactions accurately to ensure data integrity. Maintain membership information and documentation in Altru database, hard copy files, and correspondence.
- Plan and execute Member Appreciation Days
- Process new memberships and renewals that originate via mail, online, phone or email as needed. Provide backup support for on-site membership transactions and purchases.
- Oversee membership acknowledgement and digital card processes in Social Good.
- Work with Visitor Services team to ensure proper training on membership program, policies and procedures, membership processing, data entry, and strategies to increase on-site sales.
- Supervise activities and assignments of Membership Customer Service Representatives and interns.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for membership inquiries via telephone, email and in person as needed.
- Create and maintain membership mailing lists for member publications, invitations, etc. as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development or Chief Advancement Officer.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Experience working in a non-profit, equivalent fundraising/membership organization, or data-driven sales-based organization is essential. Knowledge of Altru, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura or similar CRM program, Excel, and Word. Experience working with data. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to adapt to varied duties, ability to work with volunteers, team player, professional attitude, good verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to provide extraordinary customer service.
Cheekwood follows the CDC’s Covid-19 recommendations and has a voluntary vaccine policy. Cheekwood offers a comprehensive array of valuable benefits to full-time team members to protect health, family and way of life including Health Insurance with an HRA (Cheekwood pays 90% of the cost of one of the employee-only plans), Dental (Cheekwood pays a portion of the premium), Vision, Life Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Long Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 403b (with a generous employer match offered), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off and 10 Paid Holidays. Aflac products are also available.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hours week