Harvest Hands CDC
Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources
Harvest Hands CDC
Harvest Hands is a catalyst for Christ-centered, holistic community development working alongside our neighbors to further healthy living, education, spiritual formation, and economic development in South Nashville.
The Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources will manage all financial and building operations of the organization and oversee human resources. This position will report to the Executive Director and serve on the organization’s leadership teamm.
Administration & Finances
- Manage organization finances and implement various accounting procedures.
- Ensure nonprofit requirements are met in regards to taxes, 990’s, and other government requirements.
- Provide financial strategic direction as part of the leadership team.
- Prepare and share financial reports and insights at board meetings.
- Resolve financial issues.
- Manage P&L balance sheet and expense reports.
- Oversee facility management, including organization insurances, leasing and repairs, cleaning and custodial work, alarms, fire and safety procedures, etc.
- Understand and ensure that all policies and procedures are clearly communicated, and that staff understand the policies and adhere to them. Lead efforts to update policies and procedures as needed.
- Lead the onboarding process of each new staff member and ensure they understand all policies and procedures.
- Over the insurance and worker’s compensation policies for Harvest Hands.
- Make sure all staff understand the safety policies of Harvest Hands and receive appropriate training as necessary.
- Oversee the administration of all employee benefits and keep an accurate log of employees’ time off.
- Ensure the creation of a positive staff culture and assist in providing professional development opportunities for staff support and growth.
- Manage the staff performance review process.
- Oversee office management and communications.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional qualifications:
- A strong and clearly observable faith in God, and a strong passion and commitment to mission and outreach in an underserved community.
- An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development and a commitment to the communities we serve.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years in organizational finance management or human resources.
- Attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in task management.
Benefits include 20 vacation days (including 10 recognized holidays), sick and personal time, and a health and retirement stipend. More details will be discussed during interview process.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete this online application, including your resume, cover letter and three professional references.
Link to application: https://forms.monday.com/forms/a535004588c264e7c1c69ee3da92c8a0?r=use1
- Date Posted: April 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/16/2022
- Salary Range: n/a
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00am - 5:00pm