TN Performing Arts Center
Food & Beverage Supervisor
TN Performing Arts Center
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
Assist with the management of all F&B operations and delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all food and beverage operations and able to forecast, plan, and manage all F&B inventory, orders, staff, and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Works with the F&B Director to manage operational and financial goals for the F&B department to ensure the protection of assets and revenue while making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Maintain inventory control on products and supplies.
- Maintain ordering process, delivery schedules, and inventory reports.
- Oversee deliveries, scan all vendor invoices, and enter them into Concur for payment.
- Create a positive work environment, and direct, and supervise staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Monitor service areas to ensure established quality standards are maintained, oversee daily deposits, reporting, and reconciling of F&B banks and safe.
- Set up and supervise day-to-day operations related to events, receptions, and catering.
- Works a flexible schedule as determined by TPAC’s show schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above-listed duties are not all-inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years of related experience or training.
- Knowledge of Tennessee liquor laws and regulations.
- Must meet state and city health requirements for food handling and alcoholic beverage service and have a current ABC License.
- Ability to perform assigned production tasks including constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, pulling, and lifting 50lbs or more.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- intermediate computer skills with ability to learn and use the different software and services used.
- Analytical tracking, reporting, and knowledge of legal issues that arise from TABC Laws/Rules.
- Extensive knowledge of beer/wine/liquor and drink recipes
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
CloverSport POS, EngagePHD, Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, Zoom, ADP WorkforceNow, SAP Concur
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Working virtually and in an office environment.
Heavy Lifting and transporting of product from the loading dock to F&B/WMA storage areas and between TPAC/WMA
Working various shifts including days, nights, and weekends as needed.
Travel off-site to purchase talent rider items and other F&B products.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Fulltime benefit package, Health Welfare, Paid time off, 401K
How to Apply
Visit our website and apply through our career portal
- Date Posted: October 6, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture