Development and Communications Associate
AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through training communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins. AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused on a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
Do you have a strong attention to detail while being a “people person?” Do you like to get things done? Are you passionate about engaging others and raising awareness about human trafficking in our community? The Development and Communications Associate is the backbone of the Development and External Relations team, playing a key role in achieving our mission as we achieve our financial goals. This position provides administrative and operational support through donor management, event logistics, and communication.
Administration and Operations (50%)
- Manage donor data and information, ensuring the accuracy of records.
- Send accurate and timely receipts and thank donors appropriately and promptly.
- Oversee and maintain the donor database, Network for Good, and make recommendations on processes, changes, and additions.
- Oversee pledge reminders and tax summary mailings.
- Implement a thank-you strategy, including post-event communications.
- Pull donor reports for monthly financial reports, segmented fundraising campaigns, etc., and manage mailing logistics.
- Complete all other assignments as required by the Development Manager.
- Implement and track annual communication goals and key performance metrics
- Compose all external communication with donors and community members including e-blasts and newsletters consistent with the organization’s brand.
- Lead social media engagement with goals of attracting new followers, increasing community awareness around human trafficking and ATN, and engaging the current community.
- Update websites and marketing collateral on a regular basis.
- Manage media contacts and schedule interviews with the CEO, COO, and Director of Development and External Relations.
Event Logistics (25%)
- Plan and execute fundraising event logistics for up to three events annually.
- Serve as point of contact for third-party events.
- Manage timelines, budgets, vendor relationships, and contracts.
- Coordinate with the External Relations team to advertise events.
- Serve as point person for invitations, sponsorships, and silent auctions.
All positions at AncoraTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgment-free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and the ability to deal with difficult situations are a must for anyone who works at AncoraTN.
Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking, and some light physical activity. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, or phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Some car travel and the use of a personal vehicle are required. This position is a hybrid, predominantly remote position, with at least one day a week in person.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills required, including Excel, Outlook, and Windows. Experience with Network for Good is desired, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, donors, and the organization as a whole
- Fast learner, ability to problem solve, and capacity for hard work
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation
- Ability to work from home • Sense of humor and overall good attitude about life
- General knowledge about the issue of Human Trafficking and AncoraTN is desired
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
Full-time, 8 am-4 pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed).
- Salary commiserates with experience, range $38,000-$46,000
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment. **The agency is seeking to offer health insurance coverage to full-time employees in 2024**
- Cellular telephone provided • $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours of sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
- Short-term disability, Long term disability, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Employer 403b matches up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions. Eligible for match after 6 months of employment
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls were accepted for this position. No phone calls were accepted for this position.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: September 12, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/09/2023
- Salary Range: $38000-$46000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm