Facilitator: Mary Kate Brown
The Disability is Diversity workshop will discuss disability history, disability terms and language and why it matters. The workshop will help participants identify barriers to access and inclusion and will outline simple, straightforward steps towards more inclusive and accessible policies.
- Define Disability as part of a whole person.
- Learn about Disability history and culture.
- Understand the importance of "Nothing about us without us" in the context of naming and eliminating ableism.
- Hear directly from people with disabilities about their lived experiences.
- Identify practical steps for removing barriers to access and inclusion.
Note: This workshop can be used as an elective for all CNM Certificate programs requiring additional electives for completion.
*Workshop times are Central Standard Time.
|Member $20 / Nonmember $40||$40.00|
Event Topics & Instructor