The F.I.N.D. Design
Youth Summer Camp Counselor
The F.I.N.D. Design
I’m Bossy Summer Entrepreneurship & Leadership Camp was created through the partnership between The F.I.N.D. Design (Families in Need of Direction) and D.Y.M.O.N. (Dynamic Young Minorities of Nashville) organizations using a positive youth development approach. Supporting the economic empowerment and mental health and wellbeing of black girls and other girls of color through social entrepreneurship and leadership education for girls ages 11-15. Our focus is youth-led and youth-supported initiatives. This holistic program creates fun ways to learn how to earn money, set tangible goals, & develop entrepreneurship skills. We will intentionally cultivate experiences where youth build self-confidence, healthy relationships and know their true value. By the end of the program, our youth will be able to advocate for equitable access and speak up for themselves and their community.
We are hiring four (4) I’m Bossy Camp Counselors (4 FT) who are currently eager to learn and grow in leadership, for a program that requires an 8 week commitment. The “I’m Bossy” Entrepreneurship & Leadership Camp Counselor role will run eight consecutive weeks. The commitment requires (32) hours per week, for the entire (5) week Camp and an abbreviated schedule for orientation and closeout week. The hiring pay is $18.00/hour for full time.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Assist the Site Director with planning, coordinating, and supervising program participants.
- Assist with the development of the camp attendees; provide motivational leadership in a positive environment.
- Guide and support middle school camp participants in the areas of entrepreneurship and leadership
- Plan camp activities & plan/facilitate events (i.e.: field trip coordination, business shower, etc.)
- Lead and organize weekly entrepreneurship and leadership programming/curriculum for girls of color
- Create workshops geared towards leadership development
- Assist with social media and content creation
- Attend and chaperone students on off-site field trips.
- Work with the Site Director to assess the program and provide continuous program improvement.
- Attend in-service training and complete summer training requirements and certifications (CPR and First Aid).
- Create content and materials for curriculum dissemination.
- Provide weekly program progress reports.
- Submit accurate, timely, written reports.
- Aid in or handle special assignments as directed.
- Complete basic administrative work.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- One-to-two years of general work experience or equivalent number of hours worked in full-time or volunteer work.
- Must demonstrate awareness and acceptance of cultural differences of clients, staff and community contacts.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Computer literacy and competency
- Efficient planner – must be able to organize and schedule work priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and judgments with youth safety and security foremost.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and follow through on supervisory direction.
- Demonstrated ability to establish appropriate relationships and to effectively influence teens in a manner consistent with organization values.
- Valid driver’s license, clear driving record and current automobile insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work, psychology, volunteer management or 5+ years of work experience in youth development and youth/program coordination.
- Two or more years’ experience in mentoring and youth development, working within community organizations and/or schools required.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications. (Training provided)
- Experience working in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities preferred
- Staff Orientation will begin on Monday, May 23-25, 2023 Time (TBD) .
- The first day of camp for this role will begin May 30, 2023 and will end on June 29, 2023.
- This is a Full Time (FT) position that is 32 hours per week. Camp is Monday through Thursday.
- Starting pay is $18.00/HR
How to Apply
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking for immediate hires, so please include a few dates of availability for your interview.
- Date Posted: April 28, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/22/2023
- Salary Range: 18.00/hr
- Working Hours: M-TH, 9:00am-3:00pm