Moves and Grooves, Inc.
Youth Site Coordinator
Moves and Grooves, Inc.
Position: Youth Site Coordinator
Type: Part-Time Exemption: Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 2:00pm-6:00pm for Middle School locations
Monday – Friday from 1:00 pm-5:00 pm for High School locations
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitor a group of school-aged children to ensure their safety while on site with us
- Enforce a behavior management plan that is firm but fair and demonstrates compassion, empathy, flexibility, and high expectations for our students which includes rewarding students for exceptional behavior
- Assist in planning, organizing, and execution of programs and afterschool activities which emphasize project-based learning, literacy, numeracy, and social emotional development
- Accurately collect, track, and maintain all required attendance and statistical data as well as student records in a safe and secure manner
- Attend all required trainings and meetings as requested by your supervisor
- Adhere to all rules and regulation at your host school, being mindful that you are a role model
- Team with other site coordinator to create and update the monthly lesson plan for each day of the week. Lesson plans should be updated by the last Wednesday of the month for the following month on the shared MAG Programs Calendar (Google Calendar).
- Recruit new students. Plan 2 weekly classroom visits or emails to teachers. Each site should have 25-30 students at all times.
- 1-3 Years working with children, ages 5-17, specifically in after-school or mentorship capacities
- Strong ability to lead a group of 15 students by yourself
- Experience with positive youth development and a strong proponent of voice and choice
- Must be able to build positive relationships within the school and can serve as a support within the school including but not limited to tutoring or mentoring during the school day, assisting school staff with tasks, and finding new ways to connect with the school community which includes parents
- Must be extremely well organized, patient, and have good leadership qualities
- Can work well under tight deadlines and in stressful environments
- Must be able to change directions quickly and with ease
- Must be a positive and forward-thinking person; high energy; dedicated; and have a passion for working with children and can bring your passion for the things you love (i.e. music, theater, engineering, chemistry, etc.) to the site to make it your own as long as it aligns with the interests of the students
- Proven, steady, and reliable attendance
*Supporting experience documentation and criminal background checks are required for all positions
Moves and Grooves, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MAG uses E-Verify.
- Competitive pay
- CPR/First Aid paid training
- 401k after 3 months of employment; Company match at 1 year*
- Professional development reimbursement after 1 year of service*
- Paid holidays after 3 months of employment
- Positive work environment
- No school = no work (days off when school’s out of session, excluding required training days)
- Warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you’re making a difference in the life of the youth we serve
*Company matches .25 to $1, up to 3%.
** Must be pre-approved job-related trainings, submit completion certificate and receipt
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with SUBJECT LINE: YOUTH SITE COORDINATOR POSITION. Cover letter should include why you’d be a good fit, your school preference (Middle or High School), and your pay expectations.
NO phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 07/19/2021
- Salary Range: 15/hr
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/week, M-F