Safe Haven Family Shelter
Youth Program Specialist
Safe Haven Family Shelter
The Youth Program Specialist oversees a full spectrum of supportive programs and services for children and families experiencing homelessness. This job includes managing all components of the Early Learner’s program for children from birth through the age of five including high-quality care and enrichment activities at the shelter, childcare coordination for families, and engaging community resources to ensure the children and their adults have the support they need.
- Oversee day to day operation of on-site Early Learner’s Program activities.
- Support, schedule, co-facilitate, and evaluate learning opportunities for SHFS parents.
- Increase SHFS family access to Read to Succeed Pre-K programs.
- Interact with clients according to a trauma-informed care framework.
- Provide staff trainings to strengthen shelter services and family support.
- Enter Salesforce data for outcome reporting.
- Coordinate developmental assessments for Early Learners.
- Assist with NIH Cognitive Assessment with school-aged children.
- Collaborate with the MNPS HERO program for educational support for families.
- Engage and assist parents in Kindergarten readiness through MNPS.
- Continually create and strengthen strategic partnerships with childcare centers conveniently located for SHFS families.
- Help parents with the selection of high-quality childcare facility and childcare payment assistance conducive to meeting the needs of parent and child.
- Connect families with community resources and assist families in accessing needed services.
- Communicate volunteer needs to Volunteer Manager, assist in training Children’s Program volunteers, and measure success benchmarks.
- Develop, maintain, and promote age-appropriate educational resources to be utilized through the volunteer program.
- Collaborate closely with Youth Program staff and the Program Team to promote excellent care for all children and their adults.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the Youth Program in its entirety.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Masters’ Degree Preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with children and/or vulnerable families.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Detail oriented.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Internet use and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care (or a willingness to learn and adapt to this best practice).
- Ability to handle multiple demands from various entities.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with resident, client, donor, and organizational information.
Competitive salary and great benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://safe-haven-family-shelter.prismhr-hire.com/job/216911/youth-program-specialist
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: October 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: Working Hours: 5 days per week; Some Evenings and Saturdays