The F.I.N.D. Design
Youth Program Site Director
The F.I.N.D. Design
I’m Bossy Summer Entrepreneurship & Leadership Camp was created through the partnership between The F.I.N.D. Design (Families in Need of Direction) and D.Y.M.O.N. (Dynamic Young Minorities of Nashville) organizations using a positive youth development approach. Supporting the economic empowerment and mental health and wellbeing of black girls and other girls of color through social entrepreneurship and leadership education for girls ages 11-15. Our focus is youth-led and youth-supported initiatives. This holistic program creates fun ways to learn how to earn money, set tangible goals, & develop entrepreneurship skills. We will intentionally cultivate experiences where youth build self-confidence, healthy relationships and know their true value. By the end of the program, our youth will be able to advocate for equitable access and speak up for themselves and their community.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Direct Summer Entrepreneurship camp for Black and Brown girls
- Assist the Director of Programs with recruiting, interviewing, and selecting program participants.
- Assist with the development of the camp staff; provide motivational leadership in a positive environment.
- Provide camp oversight and direct supervision for all camp staff.
- Primary contact for camp related business and/or concerns.
- Facilitate initial and on-going training (i.e. training program volunteers, camp counselors)
- Assist with the development of weekly entrepreneurship and leadership program curriculum and activities.
- Attend and chaperone students on all off-site field trips.
- Work with the Director of Programs to assess the program and provide continuous program improvement.
- Attend in-service training and complete summer training requirements and certifications (CPR and First Aid).
- Provide weekly program progress reports via email communication to the Director of Programs.
- Maintain and provide program data reporting for stakeholders.
- Submit accurate, timely, written reports.
- Aid in or handle special assignments as directed.
- Complete basic administrative work.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 4+ years of general work experience or equivalent number of hours worked in full-time or volunteer work.
- Must demonstrate awareness and acceptance of cultural differences of clients, staff and community contacts.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Computer literacy and competency
- Efficient planner – must be able to organize and schedule work priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and judgments with youth safety and security foremost.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and follow through on supervisory direction.
- Demonstrated ability to establish appropriate relationships and to effectively influence teens in a manner consistent with organization values.
- Valid driver’s license, clear driving record and current automobile insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work, psychology, volunteer management or 5+ years of work experience in youth development and youth/program coordination.
- Four or more years of experience in mentoring and youth development, working within community organizations and/or schools required.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications. (Training provided)
- Experience working in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities preferred
N/A This is a part time position and does not offer benefits.
How to Apply
- Send resume including two (2) references to email@example.com
- We are looking for immediate hires, so please include a few dates of availability for your interview
- Date Posted: April 28, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/15/2023
- Salary Range: 25.00/hr
- Working Hours: M-F, 9:00am-3:00pm