Oasis & STARS
Oasis & STARS
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Office Services Associate will be responsible for greeting and directing visitors; answering incoming calls; mail services; requisition of supplies; organization and coordination of common areas (break room, reception area, copy center, Turner Commons and conference rooms) as well as additional clerical duties.
Hours: Mon- Thurs 9:30- 6, Fri – 9-5pm
This position is employed by Oasis Center, but provides services for STARS, Oasis Center, and Youth Opportunity Center tenants.
- Professionally administer all incoming calls
- Ensure phone calls are (re)directed to the proper person/area
- Transfers caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable
- Greets and directs clients, visitors, and employees in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner
- Provides callers with information such as company address, direct dial information, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information
- Maintain all mail functions (receives, distributes, sorts and forwards incoming mail for identified agencies and personnel) do we want to add distributes? Yes
- Routes publications to the proper personnel
- Stamps outgoing mail and maintains mail supplies, including the postage machine (service calls, monthly reports, supplies, liaison with postage vendor for updates, repairs, assures money is submitted for postal credit, assist staff
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Ensure common areas (break room, reception area, copy center) are kept clean and organized, including assurance that associates, clients, and customers leave common areas as designated by each room’s layout removed the period to keep it uniform
- Maintain reservation calendar for Oasis Center Staff for Turner Commons, vans additional rooms and audio-visual equipment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that enhance the work environment or knowledge, skills and abilities
- Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames
- Consistently demonstrate ability to take the initiative to make decisions/choices without direct supervision
- High school degree or GED & at least 3 years relevant experience
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Shanda Hampton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Oasis Center and STARS are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers and are operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Date Posted: April 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 34K- 38K