Write with Pride Coordinator
The Write with Pride Coordinator is a part-time administrative position responsible for coordinating the Write with Pride program. Write with Pride cultivates brave and barrier-breaking spaces for LGBT+ youth in order to build community and provide resources that foster well-being. The coordinator ensures that all program functions flow accurately, smoothly, and efficiently. This includes roles such as scheduling, documenting, communicating, coordinating, supporting, and leading school visits, out-of-school writing workshops, and an annual writers conference. In partnership with the staff team, the coordinator will develop and execute a strategy that builds connection to and understanding of Write with Pride purpose and activities in a way that grows the overall impact of the program. Successful execution of this position will lead to increased youth engagement in program activities. Anticipate 5 hours a week of work with seasonal fluctuations. Coordinator must be available on evenings and weekends when necessary to deliver on responsibilities.
- Serve as central coordinating support to ensure smooth and accurate functions of Write with Pride school visits, workshops, open mics, and annual conference.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing program partners to increase program impact and growth.
- Facilitate and lead workshops and school visits when necessary. This may include the performance of the coordinator’s own original writing.
- Develop appropriate program curriculum and materials.
- With staff team, develop and distribute materials and content related to marketing the program.
- Process contracts, agreements, releases, and paperwork related to the administration of programs.
- Collect, compile, and organize information and reports related to programmatic activity.
- Communicate effectively and responsively with all Southern Word stakeholders.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as necessary.
- Develop strategic partnerships with government entities, businesses, and other non-profit organizations to realize shared visions and expand access and support for Write with Pride and Southern Word to serve more youth.
- Participate in fundraising goals and events by increasing community of support around program as well as facilitating and leading development activities in partnership with staff, board, and volunteers
- Effectively represent Southern Word and Write with Pride’s work and values to community in one-on-one, small group, and large presentation settings.
- Execute additional responsibilities as necessary for success of the team and program.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
One or more years experience in a professional setting with demonstrated success implementing new projects.
Ability to self-direct and thrive in unstructured settings by prioritizing activities with maximum impact.
Ability to develop creative solutions that lead to practical and measurable impact and success.
Aptitude for developing and maintaining effective relationships with a variety of partners in diverse settings.
Strong communication skills with the ability to develop messages that resonate with intended audience.
Effective planning and project execution skills, including the ability to manage unexpected change.
Ability to maintain and use systems to track and analyze efficacy of work.
Ability to implement and work with essential computer applications and tools.
Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: May 28, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/02/2021
- Salary Range: N/A
- Working Hours: Approx. 5 hrs/wk