Workforce Retention Specialist
Organization Summary: 4:13 Strong is a faith-based non-profit organization based in Nashville, Tennessee that empowers young men to transform their lives so that they can succeed personally and professionally. Our residential program provides a holistic approach to foster social, emotional and spiritual growth and takes approximately six to eight months for a participant to complete.
Job Summary: The 4:13 Strong Workforce Retention Specialist is responsible for working with the President, Director of Operations and other 4:13 Strong staff to expand 4:13 Strong job training and job placement outside of the construction industry and in retaining 4:13 Strong participants through the work phase of the program and graduation.
Responsibilities and Duties: Reporting jointly to the Director of Operations and the Campus Life and Alumni Relations Director, the Workforce Retention Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Create job training program for men not on construction track
- Develop relationships with partners who can provide job training
- Develop job training curriculum that will be an alternative to construction
- Ensure all non-construction participants are trained and ready to begin work at conclusion of 40 Day Challenge
- Cultivate new job partners
- Include job partners in Career Fair
- Work with job partners in hiring participants (including career fair, site visits, interview process, on-boarding, and work supervisor check-ins)
- Ensure regular contact with all partners through individual and organizational communication.
- Facilitate after-work programming for Working Phase Men
- Work with staff to create meaningful and interesting after-work opportunities
- Provide for weekly “Happy Hours”
- Help facilitate weekend outings and activities for working men
- Assist with Event Leadership
- Help oversee 40 Day, 100 Day, and 180 Day Celebrations
- Help put on Lunch and Learns
- Help with Organizational Fundraisers
- Help lead in Mental Toughness Week and 40 Day Challenge activities
- Take part in Mental Toughness Week; lead activities as assigned
- Lead team-building activities during Week 1 of the 40 Day Challenge
- Fill in as needed with 40 Day Challenge activities and programming
- Assist as a driver to help with transportation plan
- Drive participants during 40 Day Challenge to training and site visits
- Drive for events and outings
- Drive during work-phase to bring men back to campus after work
- Represent organization at events
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills: The ideal 4:13 Strong Workforce Retention Specialist candidate will be someone who is passionate about Christian ministry. He/She will have a bachelor’s degree or higher, over 4 years of experience working as part of a diverse team. The candidate will also have the following skills:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Excellent time management skills, public speaking skills, problem solving skills and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- The successful candidate must believe in the core values of 4:13 Strong and be driven by the mission.
- Potential for year-end bonus based on published performance targets
- Fifteen (15) days of Paid-Time-Off (PTO) each calendar year
- Eleven (11) paid holidays each calendar year
- Up to a three percent (3%) employer match on contributions to an Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
- Health Insurance (50% paid by 4:13 Strong)
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: December 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 02/14/2022
- Salary Range: 45,000-50,000
- Working Hours: Work Schedule: A typical workweek: Monday-Thursday---10:30am-6:30pm; Friday—11:30am-4:00pm; Saturday or Sunday (once a month)—7:00am-1:00pm; During Mental Toughness Week—Monday-Friday—7:30am-4:00pm