Workforce Administration Analyst
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
• Monitor and maintain HR knowledge articles (FAQ’s) for the ServiceNow HR portal related to the workforce administration team and assigned areas of responsibility.
• Communicates work related information and trains peers and internal business partners to facilitate teamwork and coordination of effort related to onboarding, employment and compensation actions by creating an open dialogue for effective and efficient collaboration.
• Drafts and finalizes documents, PowerPoint presentations, flow charts, organizational charts, and processes, for team and agency use.
• Manage case questions through ServiceNow HR portal including work notes, tasks, and standard case management monitoring to accurately and timely process employee questions.
• Draft all discipline requests for the agency as a result of performance improvement plans or policy violations.
• Review proposed compensation by hiring teams and conduct equity analysis.
• Analyzes requests for employee appointments, promotions, demotions, reclassifications, flex class changes, transfers, degree and certification increase, supervisor changes, job postings and employee information changes.
• Ensure onboarding process and paperwork for all new hires is completed accurately and timely.
• Maintain strong working relationships with our partners at the Department of Human Resources and throughout the assigned workgroup within the agency.
• Researches, prepares and processes all supplemental pay actions, longevity reinstatement and reinstatement of leave requests.
• Partner with and support other team members and coordinate actions related to the recruiting and onboarding process.
• Prepares, processes, and corrects information related to special projects;. Coordinates and communicates with supervisor, team members and internal business partners on the status of projects.
• Ability to self-manage assigned areas of work by leveraging project management principles of seeking feedback on work product, consulting with experts and gaining the necessary supervisor approvals as needed.
• Act as a consultant to supervisors and employees on matters regarding compensation, applicable HR paperwork and discipline questions.
• Model TennCare core values and behaviors and exemplify them to our employees.
The minimum qualifications are listed on the state of Tennessee’s Careers page link: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: April 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government