Preston Taylor Ministries
Wilson Center and Satellite Sites Program Director
Preston Taylor Ministries
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Wilson Center and Satellite Sites Program Director (K-5th Program Director) will be responsible for strengthening the operations of Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) that provides significant opportunities for involved children to experience “joy-filled friendships” and to pursue their “God-inspired dreams.” Embracing PTM’s Christ- centered mission, the Wilson Center and Satellite Sites Program Director, will represent PTM to PTM children and their families, volunteers, potential volunteers, and supporters. He or she will do this by demonstrating a love for God that is evident in his or her lifestyle whether or not he or she is at PTM.
- Directly supervise Wilson Center and Satellite Site Directors to facilitate excellent and consistent programming and lead to fulfillment of PTM’s primary goal of student connectedness.
- Direct reports include: Wilson Center Director, Rolling Hills Director, Faith United Director, 5G Director, Mt. Nebo Site Director, and satellite site directors added as part of Strategic Plan.
- Help ensure high-quality academic instruction across Wilson Center and satellite sites
- Promote and provide for enriching outings and experiences
- Help ensure student participation in meaningful mentoring programs that allow for students
to have long-lasting joy-filled friendships with caring adults
- Ensure engaging programming across Wilson Center and satellite sites and that programs are
in line with PTM’s mission, vision, core values, and core beliefs
- Oversee the measurement and documentation of student connectedness for Wilson Center
and satellite sites to both tell PTM stories to stakeholders as well as to strengthen program
- Work with property manager and bus drivers to help ensure safe transportation for all
- Fill in as needed to ensure that there is no loss of effectiveness due to staff absence.
- Oversee enrollment of Wilson Center and all satellite (non-Family Resource) K-5 sites in
accordance with Strategic Plan and published capacity limits
- Lead Wilson Center and Satellite Site Directors to integrate PTM-wide themes and practices.
- Ensure Wilson Center and Satellite Site Directors participate in the training program for all program staff to ensure opportunities for professional development and compliance with PTM training requirements
- Help lead an annual PTM-wide retreat
- Help provide for Rites of Passage events and opportunities for 4th, 8th, and 12th graders
- Ensure that all curriculum is in line with core beliefs and that all students are exposed to PTM’s core beliefs consistently
- Support 3rd-5th grade enrollment and participation in Breakfast and Bible Study and Lunchmate Mentoring
- Help recruit, motivate, and develop a well-trained program staff.
- Assist in hiring process of Wilson Center and Satellite Site program personnel
- Help ensure meaningful placement of volunteers, interns, and LEAPers across all programs
- Help Provide thoughtful staff and volunteer training
- Build relationships with existing and new community partners to increase student exposure
to great opportunities
- Help recruit and maintain community partner relationships
- Provide opportunities for all PTM K-5th graders to participate in a positive peer group.
- Work with partners and volunteers to create chances for K-5th graders to grow in a peer
- Serve as part of PTM’s executive staff
- Help support advancement efforts through the promotion and execution of PTM’s events and participation in grant proposals and reporting
- In partnership with executive staff and Board of Directors, implement strategic plan, participate in strategic planning, and develop and implement initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission and are laid out in current and future strategic plans
- Represent PTM on relevant committees and task forces as well as at speaking engagements, conference panels and trainings
- Assist in program design for grant proposal and grant reporting
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- 6+ years of experience in youth development
- 2+ years of experience in Christian-based ministry
- 2+ years of experience working among a racially diverse (or racial minority) population of staff and youth
- CDL (preferred)
This is a 40 hour per week position with some irregular scheduling. A typical week during the school year is Monday-Friday 11:00-6:30 with some weekend requirements. During the summer, a typical week is Monday-Friday from 8:30-4:30. Outside of programming hours, remote work is possible.
There are 15 PTO days/yr and partial health insurance
How to Apply
Email Chan Sheppard (email@example.com) a cover letter and resume to apply.
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Salary Range: 50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk