Tennessee Justice Center
WIC Referral & Data Specialist
Tennessee Justice Center
WIC REFERRAL & DATA SPECIALIST Part-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 26 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access the basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our mission?
We are hiring a WIC Referral & Data Specialist to join our team to help low-income Tennessee families with children and pregnant women access the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) program and to collect data from program participants and eligible individuals. If you are compassionate and enjoy helping people, then this could be the position for you. This position reports directly to the Director of Nutrition Advocacy and regularly interacts with our casework and legal teams.
A typical day might look like this:
- Gaining an understanding of WIC and other nutrition policy issues
- Taking calls from clients requesting help accessing their WIC benefits
- Interviewing and advising clients on how to navigate the WIC benefits system
- Documenting detailed information about a client’s case in our Salesforce database
- Collaborating with the Nutrition team to create and distribute WIC surveys for individuals and focus groups
- Overseeing the survey and focus group data collection process
This position might be for you if:
- You enjoy going above and beyond to help people when they are in crisis
- You are super organized and obsessively take detailed notes on everything
- You have dogged determination and amazing problem-solving skills
- You flourish on a small team where all hands on deck are the norm
- You can talk to people all day and it energizes you
This position is an even better fit if:
- You have worked with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds
- You are fluent in Spanish or other languages
- You have experience working in a legal environment
How to Apply
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “Community Outreach Coordinator” in the email’s subject line.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
This position is contingent upon TJC being awarded grant funding.
- Date Posted: April 12, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services