Weekend Lead Historical Interpreter
Job Type: Part Time Staff
Supervisor: Director of Operations and Director of Education
Job Purpose: To ensure a consistent and quality guest experience at Belmont Mansion for all guests by managing day to day operations on Saturdays and Sundays and ensuring tour accuracy is maintained by all interpreters. Weekday shifts also available.
- Providing accurate and engaging interpretation of our history to visitors.
- Manage the other interpreters working on a given day to ensure all areas of the house are being monitored. Direct interpreters to rooms/regions of the house (or front door or museum shop duties) that need staff.
- Monitor admission and gift shop registers for accuracy. Open and close cash registers.
- Assist with training of new interpreters.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: Previous management and museum experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Working Conditions: Standing and walking while speaking for an hour or more without break; climbing stairs; adherence to professional dress code; wearing name tag required; adherence to the museum’s and Belmont University’s COVID-19 protocols
How to Apply
Please direct any questions, a resume, and cover letter to
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture