Weekend & Evening Residential Counselor
Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Position: Evening & Weekend Residential Counselor. This position is FT with benefits, but is for one year only. 3/1/21- 2/28/22. Oasis is an At Will Employer, therefore this is not a contract, but a temporary position.
Summary: Actively provide supervision and help coordinate activities for youth 13-17 staying in the Emergency Shelter.
· Provide supervision for youth shelter residents
· Coordinate and supervise activities for residents when appropriate or assigned.
· Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
· Provide group services when appropriate or assigned.
· Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
· Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
· Maintain consistent and timely records, including relevant reports to meet funding and licensing requirements.
· Knowledge and ability to apply behavior management techniques.
· Knowledge and ability to apply basic counseling principals.
· Knowledge and ability to apply group work theory.
· Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
· Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
· One year relevant experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Corey @ email@example.com
Please no phone calls, top candidates will be notified for first round interviews.
- Date Posted: February 2, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/01/2021
- Salary Range: 30K-35K