Weekend & Evening Residential Counselor
Position: Evening & Weekend Residential Counselor
Summary: To provide overnight awake supervision and case management services to clients.
- Provide supervision for youth shelter residents
- Coordinate and supervise activities for residents when appropriate or assigned.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
- Provide group services when appropriate or assigned.
- Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
- Attend weekly staffings/meetings and regular supervision.
- Document client interaction in a consistent and ethical manner.
- Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
- Provide liaison and referral services with appropriate mental health centers, courts, physicians, school systems, Department of Children’s Services and others as needed.
- Driver’s license
- Must pass a TBI background check
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
- Knowledge and ability to apply crisis intervention theory.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Corey Alexander at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 34K-37K