Community Resource Center
VP of Operations
Community Resource Center
ABOUT COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER:
Since its inception in 1991, CRC has tirelessly worked towards helping families and individuals who are facing crisis. The organization’s mission is to provide critical essential items to our most vulnerable Middle Tennessee neighbors, both during times of disaster and during seasons of ongoing need. CRC also collaborates with various community partners, such as faith-based organizations, schools, and other non-profit organizations, to ensure that their services reach those who need them most. The work done by the CRC is essential for the well-being of Nashville’s community, as they provide basic essentials that help individuals and families to maintain their health, dignity, and self-respect.
The Vice President of Operations is a strategic, results-driven leader with a strong logistics background, financial strategy and system development experience, exceptional relationship-building skills, and a can-do attitude, reporting directly to the CEO. This individual will be a key member of the Leadership Management Team, working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational objectives around fulfillment, data analysis, and partner satisfaction.
The Vice President of Operations will be accountable for the development, planning, preparation, and performance of the facility, its processes, team members, and volunteers. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing the partner relations strategy, individuals-served and impact strategy, purchased product, and other logistics strategies – such as end-to-end supply chain, including product sourcing, overseeing fulfillment of orders and managing the Program Director.
- Direct and oversee all facets of the warehouse operations to ensure products are properly picked, packaged and ready for partners when promised.
- Work with MLT (management leadership team) to manage the CRC’s annual operating and capital expenditures budgets, as well as details with the Annual Audit process.
- Ensure CRC’s warehouse is optimally utilized to meet the annual goals and objectives
- Direct supervision of the Program Director with the goal of developing, maintaining and monitoring partner relationships.
- Direct supervision of the Operations Team with the goal of fulfillment of program needs, production allocation, and facility preparation
- Continuously develop and evaluate operational policies and procedures in conjunction with cross functional operations teams to ensure the most efficient and effective processing of product; as well as control of damages, errors and mis-picks.
- Collaborate on logistics operations, including coordination of off-site facilities and transportation of product-optimizing resources to reduce cost.
- Ensure clear communication and effective collaboration is a priority within the CRC to aid in the accomplishment of departmental and organizational objectives.
- Analyze projected demand and plan for adequate workforce (both paid staff and volunteer). Make recommendations when additional resources are needed beyond what currently exists. Work with Community Engagement to guarantee volunteer flow is adequate.
- Oversee operational benchmarks and data tracking systems to ensure progress is aligned to goals.
- Understand the resources required to maintain federal, state and local OSHA requirements and other functions of the operation requiring formal certification.
- Assist the Warehouse team with the fulfilment of Basics in Bulk (BIB), Hygiene Pantries, & Hygiene Bus orders at the direction of Programs team members
- Create and manage the CRC Material Handling Policy, as well as provide input on the CRC Operations Manual
- Direct the movement, organization and tracking of inventory
- All other responsibilities assigned by the CEO.
- 10+ years experience with a strong background in systems development, complex distribution and logistics operation.
- At least 5+ years of leadership and management experience, supervising other managers and teams of staff.
- College degree or commiserate professional experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with other function leaders, across sites/markets, and with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly adaptive model during a period of change and expansion.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and with individuals with different work styles.
- Attributes of a mentor or teacher who can develop and build a highly professional organization into a performance-oriented team.
- Fluency in CRM systems to track and report on results.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs, bend down, reach, push and pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass a driving background and drive a variety of vehicles
- Will need to learn to drive a forklift and be comfortable loading and unloading pallets
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Paid holidays – including December break
- Paid sick and vacation days
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without the requested information will not be considered. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH:
Diversity and Inclusiveness are core values at the CRC, and we continuously strive to be a team where everyone feels welcome and supported. It is the policy of the CRC to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
This is an office/warehouse environment and normal changes in temperature are to be expected while working inside the warehouse or outside, on or around the loading dock. There are no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by the CRC which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
- Date Posted: April 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/19/2023
- Salary Range: $59,000 - $68,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8-4pm