VP of Membership
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Directs and leads all aspects of the Membership including LEAD, Troop 6000, Faith and Hispanic Initiatives to ensure sustainable girl and adult membership through innovative marketing, recruitment and retention and achieving annual girl and adult membership goals as outlined in our plan of work.
- Responsible for managing GSMT goal to reach a council-wide membership market share of 10% or grow girl membership to 15,000 girls during the current Council Plan of Work.
- Accountable for the membership goals established for the GSMT in girl and volunteer categories of the Plan of Work.
- Management oversight of Regional Executives.
- Provide the data and information to the CEO and leadership to assess and determine areas for growth and opportunities.
- GSMT expert on all facets of membership and adult volunteer support of girl membership
- Provide administrative direction and supervision to the Regional Executives and Director of Training, using GSMT resources to provide constant coaching, development and motivation.
- Supervise development and management of membership and training budgets.
- Work with the Regional Executives to assure an increase in the retention of adult volunteers and volunteer satisfaction.
- Provide supervision for the strategy of marketing support to create and provide GSMT knowledge of the impact of membership services and programs.
- Assure that GSMT is providing quality programs that will attract and retain membership.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the integrated role of membership with operations, communications and fund development.
- Must provide GSMT with a strategic and analytical assessment of membership numbers and progress towards goals.
- Design, implement and monitor innovative ways to provide customized membership programs.
- Serve as an advocate for Girl Scouts in the community and build community awareness and support for Girl Scouts and its contribution to the community’s needs and values.
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team and assist in making decisions on the operations of the council. Implement the decisions made by the senior leadership team as they relate to areas supervised.
- Act as liaison to assigned committees of the Board of Directors.
- Assist the CEO and Director of Development in the cultivation and management of donor relationships
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in management, marketing, or other related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a staff and a budget.
- Proven organizational, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer and Microsoft Office software proficiency required.
- Excellent human relations, verbal and written communication skills, motivational and conflict resolution skills. Ability to encourage consensus and teamwork.
- Innovation and creativity in developing programs to meet membership needs and reach underserved populations.
- Strong skills in analyzing data, and in organizing and planning multi-faceted projects from conceptualization to evaluation.
- Current valid drivers’ license, proof of vehicle insurance, and transportation availability.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Experience in volunteer management or personal volunteer experience preferred.
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exception customer service skills.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work and be willing to travel within an assigned territory.
- Willing to travel throughout the GSMT 39-county jurisdiction.
- Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report.
- Organized, independent thinker and self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required proof of insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
Competitive Benefits Package
How to Apply
Please send cover letter with Salary Requirements and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: February 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/02/2020
- Salary Range: Negotiable