Volunteer Service Coordinator
The Volunteer Services Coordinator helps with the recruitment, training, screening, and scheduling of the 400+ volunteers needed for Saddle Up!’s mission, which includes placement in lessons, special events and one-time projects.
The majority of the position’s time is focused on scheduling volunteers for programs. In addition to volunteer scheduling, the Volunteer Services Coordinator will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of volunteer records, serve as a Leader or Sidewalker in lessons if a volunteer shortage exists, and provide other support as needed to achieve organizational goals.
Qualifications include strong organizational skills which include proficiency in Excel, Salesforce, Word, MyEmma, PowerPoint, and Teams. Ability to effectively interact with volunteers with warmth and appreciation is a must. This position requires a mix of skills, including:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Flexibility to respond to daily demands of the volunteer scheduling process.
- Good time management and strong computer software proficiency.
- Ability to work independently and be a positive contributor to the staff team and overall environment.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to Lead and Sidewalk in lessons.
- Ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, hear, speak, twist, bend, and lift.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to process information rapidly in order to make split second decisions that ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, horses and riders.
- Beautiful 34-acre farm with office space overlooking the arena
- Work with a purpose
- Professional staff, stable 30 year non-profit
- Connected community of staff, families, volunteers, and donors
How to Apply
Please email a word document cover letter that includes your contact information, a summary of your interest in the position based on the information you learned from our website information (saddleupnashville.org), and the reason you feel you are qualified for this position based on knowledge, skills and abilities. Also attach your resume in a word document.
No phone calls, please!
PUT VOLUNTEER SERVICES COORDINATION IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL!
Also include your cell phone number and best time to reach you for a phone screen interview.
- Date Posted: November 30, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/04/2021
- Salary Range: Salary TBD during phone screen interview
- Working Hours: Hours T/Th 3:30-8 and Saturday 8-4