Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Volunteer Relations Manager
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Responsible for providing leadership and oversight to our adult volunteers. Serving as an information resource for our adult volunteers; managing volunteer resources through our volunteer resource center; developing and implementing volunteer trainings as well as acting as Council liaison for council adult awards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement year round training catalog for adult volunteers.
- Recruit and train volunteer trainers to adequately provide trainings to all of our adult volunteers seeking training.
- Greet and respond to volunteer requests for information via telephone, website, email and walk-in inquires in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop, organize, update and maintain informational materials for volunteers.
- Write needed volunteer training curriculum and provide presentations of these materials.
- Ensure our volunteer management process is current with GSUSA and general volunteer management guidelines.
- Develop, organize and implement ongoing volunteer conferences (i.e. Service Team Summit, VEW)
- Maintain and manage volunteer resource center inventory to ensure quality and up to date resources are available, including check in and check out of resources, adding resources, pulling items, etc.
- Promote Girl Scouting through visibility at community and area activities and events.
- Analyze feedback and volunteer insights to implement effective retention strategies.
- Coordinate recruitment, retention and communication with episodic volunteer base.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with key volunteer groups.
- Evaluate, assess and recommend modifications to volunteer support structures on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and oversee assigned budget.
- Develop and implement a system for gathering GS alumni information in CouncilAlignMENT. Ensure that this information is recorded in the record.
- Provide oversight to adult enrichment events, i.e, Adult Adventure Weekend, VEW, Honors Day.
- Manage all Volunteer Playbook materials on CouncilAlignMENT, ensuring that all materials are up to date.
- Track volunteer training engagement by county for jurisdiction.
- Manage the Adult Award Process
- Ensure that all Volunteer training records are maintained.
- In the absence of the Retail Services Manager, provide oversight to the Cabin staff including but not limited to register open and close, inventory management and staff scheduling.
- Provide management of adult Volunteers and Trainers.
- Accept additional responsibilities and perform other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Girl Scout Volunteer experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude.
- Belief in the purpose, values and mission of the Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Health, dental, vision, LTD, PTO and holidays.
403B with match
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – must include salary desired in cover letter.
- Date Posted: August 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/06/2021
- Salary Range: mid $40's
- Working Hours: 40 hrs per week