American Red Cross
Volunteer Recruitment Representative II
American Red Cross
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Volunteer Recruitment Representative to support our Tennessee region and work out of our Nashville office. Weekly travel across Middle Tennessee is expected for DAY TRIPS. This position supports volunteer recruitment across three chapters.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE will implement and execute volunteer programs and services to further the recruitment and engagement of volunteers. Assist with screenings, referrals, and placement of prospective volunteers to effectively support goals and ensure placement of sufficient numbers of volunteers to meet operational needs within the assigned area. May serve as liaison to internal partners and external organizations. Provide support, development, and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
- Create and utilize comprehensive recruitment strategies to meet assigned volunteer recruitment metrics, effectively support goals, and ensure the placement of sufficient numbers of volunteers to meet operational needs. Emphasis is placed on geography, skill sets, availability, and leadership experience with a focus on diverse populations.
- Actively engage in direct, focused, targeted volunteer recruiting through various resource pools, networks, and social media with a focus on diverse populations.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies or organizations, market segments, and other populations to create a robust network and strong candidate pipeline for future needs. This may include leveraging recruitment venues, in-person presentations, social media campaigns, and identifying user groups and professional associations that could lead to qualified candidates.
- Partner with internal staff to strengthen existing relationships within the community identify and evaluate prospective new volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships and conduct general and targeted outreach and recruiting activities to obtain bi-lingual volunteer applicants tracked to referral and approval.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Preferred Latino/Spanish speaking (not required)
Skills & Abilities: Ability to work on a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively. Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Knowledge of volunteer programs and policies is preferred.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to the description’s minimum education and general experience years combined
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you balance your home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance your learning.
- Medical and dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with a 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
How to Apply
No emailed resumes will be considered.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
- Date Posted: October 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/30/2023
- Working Hours: A typical week might be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.weekdays, with adjustments for the occasional evening or Saturday event.