Nashville Diaper Connection
Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Nashville Diaper Connection
Are you passionate about making sure that children have every opportunity to thrive? Do you want to ensure that every baby in Nashville has enough diapers to remain clean, dry and healthy? Serve as an AmeriCorps member at Nashville Diaper Connection to advance children’s health by leading volunteers and creating awareness.
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
This service role will be exciting for you if you are a great communicator, want to engage volunteers and the community about diaper need, and are a passionate storyteller. You will organize and lead diaper wrapping events, create marketing materials, and share the Nashville Diaper Connection mission through social media.
The Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement Leader will be a resource for volunteers and lead diaper wrapping events. This member will also contact potential organizations and groups in the community to spread our mission and recruit volunteers.
We are looking for a driven go-getter who is a self-starter to join out team. NashDiaper’s success is greatly dependent on volunteers, so this member would be helping with one of the most important roles in this organization!
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in volunteer management and recruitment, as well as communication and leadership skills.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Lead and evaluate effectiveness of communication with volunteers
- Organize and lead volunteers in diaper wrapping events.
- Participate in inventory of diapers and reporting
- Share the story of NashDiaper on social media
- Build partnerships with community organizations to spread NashDiaper’s mission
Typical Day In This Position
This member’s day will start with preparing for diaper wrapping events, which may take place on or off site. During the event, the leader will train and organize the volunteers. When the member is not leading a diaper wrapping event, they will be working to recruit volunteers and engage the community.
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Occasional night and weekend hours required with advance notice.
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Canva and Google Drive or the ability to learn new computer skills quickly.
- Public speaking and leading groups
- Driving a utility van
Key abilities include:
(1) Dynamic professional behavior
(2) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
(3) Attention to detail, organization, and self motivation.
Multi/bilingual skills are a plus as Nashville Diaper Connections serves and engages diverse community members.
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5