Volunteer Project Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Hands On Nashville
The Volunteer Project Leader (Leader) participates in a yearlong term of AmeriCorps service (1,700 hours) supporting Hands On Nashville’s (HON) mission to meet community needs through volunteerism.
The Leader will use leadership and people-management skills to engage corporate partners in volunteer opportunities benefiting community organizations. The Leader has an active, hands-on role, leading projects in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments and providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
The Leader serves as part of a 23-person cohort of civic-minded individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through the HON AmeriCorps Program.
- Assist with project development, including conducting site visits, creating budgets, procuring supplies, and event setup and teardown
- Order, optimize, and manage project inventory, and organize all necessary equipment for projects
- Oversee project preparation and execution, including organization of project vehicles and materials
- Operate vehicles, equipment, and tools, and handle construction materials in indoor and outdoor environments in various weather conditions (safety training will be provided)
- Provide volunteer leadership to, and act as liaison with, corporate volunteer teams
- Design supporting instruction manuals for projects
- Research and develop new volunteer activities and develop resources for project planning
- Assess the volunteer experience and make enhancements based on feedback
- Build relationships with community partners to assess and meet needs
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions throughout the year
- Can lift up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable with public speaking, with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic leadership skills
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 17, 2020-August 8, 2021)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
HON does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.
- Living allowance of $17,000, paid bi-weekly throughout the term of service
- Education award of $6,095, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at an accredited institution, upon fulfillment of service obligations
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Childcare benefits, if eligible
- Professional development training and ample networking opportunities
How to Apply
Apply online at my.americorps.gov.
For more information, please contact:
HON builds capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through support from the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
- Date Posted: May 13, 2020
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/17/2020
- Working Hours: 35-40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm