Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville (SRN) is a growing nonprofit in metro Nashville meeting the transportation needs of older adults by providing affordable, assisted rides given primarily by volunteer drivers.
SRN is hiring an engaged, organized, and energetic team member for our Volunteer Manager. Principal responsibilities are listed below, and special tasks may also be assigned. This position is a salaried exempt position of 40 hours per week and reports to the Operations Director.
- Recruit, screen, and train new volunteers
- Support, supervise, and celebrate current volunteers
- Serve as main point of contact for the Ride Program, Friendly Neighbor Program, and office volunteers
- Maintain updated volunteer records
- Work with social, civic, and other local organizations to develop partnerships to increase volunteer recruitment
- Support and enhance the diversification of the SRN volunteer base
- Develop and implement volunteer engagement plan with Operations Director
- Monitor volunteer participation and ensure compliance with SRN policies
- Attend local events to promote Senior Ride Nashville’s volunteer opportunities
- Back-up the Program Manager, supporting our seniors by taking initial phone calls, screening for eligibility, communicating quickly and clearly, arranging rides, and entering data
- Occasionally drive seniors when other alternatives are not available
Experience – Minimum 3 years of related full-time work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license and pass criminal and driver background screenings.
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, volunteers, staff, and the public
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Initiative and diligence in working with the SRN team and on your own
- Enjoyment of working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships, organization, and administration
- Proven ability to learn and efficiently populate and utilize databases
- Ability to work effectively in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
- Excellent verbal and written skills across all platforms of communication
- Commitment to respectful and equitable engagement with diverse staff, organizations and volunteers
- Alignment with the mission of Senior Ride Nashville and the commitment to support growth
Salary + 15% benefit stipend
How to Apply
Submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.
- Date Posted: April 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/24/2021
- Salary Range: 45,000-$50,000, depending on experience
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with evening and weekend availability for recruitment events