Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (Part-Time)
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
Greets, trains, motivates and manages volunteers responsible for food-sorting activities in a warehouse environment. Ensures volunteer satisfaction by engaging with individuals and groups throughout the project.
- Leads volunteer groups through food sorting, repackaging and assembly projects.
- Provides training for food safety, warehouse safety and food sorting requirements.
- Motivates and supervises volunteers.
- Provides tours of the facility.
- Educates volunteers on organization mission and upcoming events and campaigns.
- Assigns volunteers to work with other departments, as requested.
- Occasionally, manages volunteers at off-site fundraisers and food drives.
- Maintains and manages a list of project needs. Including identifying grocery rescue food, food drive food, recalls and special projects.
- Ensures that projects are completed in a timely manner by meeting dock-to-box goals for each food-sorting category.
- Processes and re-sorts all recalled product in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate inventory control for the department.
- Follows all inventory control procedures required for transferring product.
- Scans and labels all completed pallets.
- Reports the status of inventory production in daily reports.
- Works with the inventory control department to correct discrepancies.
- Communicates with the operations department each day to coordinate the movement of palletized food and needed supplies in and out of the sorting areas.
- Completes pallet drop request forms.
Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Lead Volunteer Engagement Coordinator.
Yes: Supervises volunteers.
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings weekly (4:30 – 8:30 PM) as well as alternating Friday and Saturday each week (7:30 AM – 4:30 PM). One week would be a schedule of Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Then the next week would be a schedule of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Nights and Saturdays are required, with other schedule flexibility as needed.
- On occasion, other hours may be necessary outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc).
- 5% travel required to offsite volunteer events.
- Routine travel is required within the service area; occasional travel for overnight trainings may be necessary.
- Current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required.
Education: H.S. Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in related areas preferred.
Experience: 2- 4 years of related experience and/or training.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and direct projects.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education/experience at the organization’s discretion.
Part-time employment with Second Harvest food bank is not benefits eligible.
How to Apply
There are three main ways to apply for employment with Second Harvest Food Bank:
- Apply online through this link: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=job&gni=8a78859f6a33884b016a5b84141a703d&gns=CNM. You’ll be able to upload your resume and cover letter from the website as well.
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit in-person to complete the physical application and leave any other materials that you’d like: 331 Great Circle Road, Nashville, TN 37228.
- Date Posted: September 28, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: See job responsibilities section