Volunteer Coordinator (Murfreesboro/Franklin)
Alive provides its team members the ability to combine passion for healthcare and love of community in ways that impacts us all. Come serve with us!
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, training and supporting volunteers in their geographic territory. The Coordinator is the volunteer’s link to this organization and will assist each volunteer to identify the role that will bring them joy, and keep them engaged. The Coordinator assists the Volunteer Services department to expand the role volunteers play within the organization, and continually recognize our many wonderful volunteers!
This position will work 4 days/week in the Murfreesboro office and 1 day/week in the Franklin office.
- Responds to inquiry calls requesting information about volunteer opportunities.
- Interviews, orients, assigns and supervises office and patient care volunteers.
- Collaborates with other Volunteer Coordinators in assigning patient care volunteers when requested and completes required documentation related to the assignment process and statistics.
- Conducts follow-up calls to patient care volunteers as requested and documents such calls.
- Assists Director of Volunteer Services in maintaining volunteer personnel and medical files, including compliance of annual competency reviews and evaluations.
- Assists with facilitating volunteer events, trainings and meetings including requisition and storage of recognition awards.
- Assists Director of Volunteer Services in the collection of data for performance improvement.
- Oversees preparation and mailing of all Volunteer Services materials, including, on-going correspondence to volunteers, volunteer newsletter, patient care documentation to volunteers, and other materials as needed.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to remain abreast of current patients; notifies interdisciplinary team members of updated information on volunteer contact with patient and educates staff on appropriate utilization of volunteers.
- Assists Director of Volunteer Services in maintaining volunteer information database and updates information as needed.
- Assists Director of Volunteer Services in assigning volunteers for agency’s special events.
- Organizes and facilitates Volunteer Recruitment events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Volunteer supervisory experience preferred.
Proficient computer skills are required, including Excel, Outlook and web-based databases.
Alive offers a competitive benefit package including dental, vision, life insurance, employer matching of retirement savings, generous paid time off and more. We are a team-centered workplace, awarded Best in Business Awards Finalist in 2021. Alive is proud to be a Hospice Honors elite award winner!
How to Apply
Read more about this role, and apply at www.alivehospice.org/careers. Or you can apply directly at this link.
- Date Posted: November 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 12/13/2021
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm